Kimball Art Center’s Visiting Artist workshops continue
Classes run through August
June 30, 2017
The Kimball Art Center will continue its Summer Visiting Artist Series workshops next week, said Jocelyn Scudder, education department manager.
After welcoming mindful, visual and yoga artist Maria Borghoff earlier this season, the nonprofit will present painter Nancy Paris Pruden.
"Nancy is an award-winning artist from Houston, and her specialty is plein air and oils," Scudder said. "She comes out to Park City every summer and has taught with us for the past two years."
Pruden will teach two workshops. The first is titled Plein Aire in Oils Workshop I, and it will run July 6-9, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
"It's for beginners, and there will be instructional materials and instructions," Scudder said. "The class will go to different places in town and learn about composition, color mixing, atmospheric perspective, edges and value. It's basically all the landscape and oils.
"I took Nancy on a tour and showed her how much open land and open space where people can bring a small sketch book or big canvas and go wild."
Recommended Stories For You
Pruden will also teach Plein Aire in Oils Workshop II July 28-30, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The workshop is open to all levels of experienced artists who want to expand their knowledge.
In case inclement weather occurs, the workshop will be moved inside to the Kimball Art Center and photos will be provided.
"Plein air, to me, is the perfect type of painting for the summer," Scudder said. "I think of our visitors who are maybe not into recreation. This is a great way for them to explore Park City and express themselves artistically."
In addition to Pruden, the Kimball Art center will present other visiting-artist workshops by Kath Macaulay, who will lead a Pocket Sketching Workshop July 14-16, and a Pocket Sketcher Refresher course on Monday, July 17.
Another visiting artist, Katherine England, will host a Mosaics 101 and 201 workshop from 5-8 p.m. on July 17-19 and a Visual Journaling Workshop for Kids from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, July 21. England will also host an adult Right Brain Creative Drawing & Journaling Workshop from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, July 22-23.
The final visiting artist workshop of the summer, Introduction Silk Painting Workshop for adults, will be taught by Debra Dolsberry from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 26-27.
"All of our teachers are incredibly special to us, and in the summer we get really excited, because we host the Summer Visiting Artist Series to offer something unique to the community," Scudder said. "We are so lucky to be able to provide the community with these workshop opportunities, and we hope people will find them enjoyable and use them to expand their creativity."
For information and cost regarding the Kimball Art Center's Summer Visiting Artist Series workshops, visit http://www.kimballartcenter.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- National Geographic’s Steve Winter is a big cat when it comes to tigers, jaguars and cougars
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Access Film Music Festival celebrates 16 years of helping independent musicians get to the next level
- What to do in Park City this weekend: Rita Coolidge, Jodi Kantor and Steve Winter
- Christopher Hawley looks forward to his annual gig at the Access Film Music Festival
- Park City wildlife carnage: After an elk collision, a roadside dismemberment
- New proposal submitted for housing project in Brown’s Canyon
- For the Record: What’s in your Sundance survival guide?
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Park City police told of issues with Uber, taxi and shuttle drivers