Odyssey Dance Theatre will redux ‘Nutcracker’
December 13, 2013
Odyssey Dance Theatre will present its own version of the holiday dance classic "The Nutcracker" at Kingsbury Hall in Salt Lake City, from Dec. 19 through Dec. 21.
Evening curtain is 7:30 p.m. and there will be an additional matinee at 2 p.m. on Dec. 21.
Artistic Director Derryl Yeager created "The Nutcracker Redux" in the same vein as ODT’s interpretations of other ballet classics such as "Giselle" and "Romeo and Juliet." The company will bring "The Nutcracker" to life in the present day, with the original Tchaikovsky score re-imagined and arranged in a pop/hip-hop style.
Imagine Clara as the young lady whose imagination is inspired by the technological advances of today and is drawn into her smartphone to a magical world where Drosselmeyer drives a DeLorean, the soldiers are actually robots and the gangsta mice have a hip-hop swagga.
Tickets range from $20 to $40 and available by calling the Kingsbury Hall ticket office at 801-581-7100 or by visiting http://www.odysseydance.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- UPDATED: Park City Institute concert series will no longer be held at Deer Valley
- UPDATED: Park City killer locked up as judge says victim was left to die
- Deer Valley Music Festival 15th anniversary lineup announced
- Park City Mountain Grüvs into spring
- Summit County plans major upgrades for Snyderville Basin roads