Operation Smile hosts fifth ski challenge
March 11, 2016
Operation Smile is hosting its fifth annual Park City Celebrity Ski & Smile
Challenge on March 12, at Utah Olympic Park, 3419 Olympic Pkwy., to raise funds and
awareness for children around the world suffering from cleft lip, cleft palate and other
The event will start at 11 a.m.
Teams of six racers will compete against one another in a head-to-head dual slalom race where best overall team score wins. Each team will consist of one celebrity skier, one Olympic skier, and four amateur skiers/Operation Smile donors. The team with the best overall finish time will be recognized during an award luncheon directly following the race.
Recommended Stories For You
Celebrities who are schedule to attend include Ashlee Simpson Ross, Brooke Burke-Charvet, David Charvet, Evan Ross, Julianne Hough, Julie Bowen, Kate Upton, Kate Walsh, Lance Bass, Taylor Kinney, Whitney Cummings and NBC President Jennifer Salke.
Operation Smile is an international medical charity that has provided hundreds of thousands of free surgeries for children and young adults in developing countries.
For more information and tickets, visit http://www.operationsmile.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Father and son of ‘Beautiful Boy’ to tell their story in Park City
- What do to in Park City this weekend: holiday concerts, art shows and Bob Woodward
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Slamdance to honor Oscar winner Steven Soderbergh with 2019 Founders Award
- The public can see Art Elevated at the Swaner EcoCenter
- PCMR indefinitely closes two upper-elevation bowls after losing lease
- UPDATED: Park Record Building evacuated Thursday after bomb threat hoax
- USOC selects Salt Lake City to bid on Winter Olympics
- Park City awaits a Friday decision on fate of Olympic bid
- Park City police blotter: report received of ski collision from January