Park City Film Series: ‘Queen of Katwe’
November 22, 2016
The Park City Film Series will screen Mira Nair's "Queen of Katwe," rated PG, at the Park City Library's Jim Santy Auditorium, 1255 Park Ave., from Friday, Nov. 25, through Sunday, Nov. 27. Friday's and Saturday's screenings will start at 8 p.m. Sunday's screening will start at 6 p.m. "Queen of Katwe" is the moving true story of a young girl in Uganda whose world rapidly changes when she is introduced to the game of chess. She quickly advances through the ranks in tournaments, fighting the odds of her life in poverty to become a champion. Tickets are $8 for general admission and $7 for students and senior citizens.
For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Park City Paralympic skier Danelle Umstead to compete on ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- What to do this weekend in Park City: Fall activities begin with Scarecrow Festival
- Park City Museum cemetery tours will bring town’s historical figures to life
- Life coach will help Park City breast cancer survivors love themselves
- Park City police say medical marijuana found on trail
- Businesses in Summit County face worker shortage
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Summit County inundated with complaints about Kilby Road construction (w/video)
- Editorial: There are no easy fixes to labor shortage in Park City