Park City Film Series: ‘Queen of Katwe’
November 22, 2016
The Park City Film Series will screen Mira Nair's "Queen of Katwe," rated PG, at the Park City Library's Jim Santy Auditorium, 1255 Park Ave., from Friday, Nov. 25, through Sunday, Nov. 27. Friday's and Saturday's screenings will start at 8 p.m. Sunday's screening will start at 6 p.m. "Queen of Katwe" is the moving true story of a young girl in Uganda whose world rapidly changes when she is introduced to the game of chess. She quickly advances through the ranks in tournaments, fighting the odds of her life in poverty to become a champion. Tickets are $8 for general admission and $7 for students and senior citizens.
For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Removal of dining club licenses shakes up Park City establishments
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd
- UPDATED: St. Regis Big Stars, Bright Nights concert series lands new home
- Female players break the mold for Park City High School baseball
- Business briefs: PCMR director joins Snowbasin Resort