Park City Hospital seeks art and artists for healing program
Deadline is Feb. 15
February 3, 2017
It has been said that "The earth without art is just 'eh.'" Park City Hospital thinks that sentiment can be taken a step further to suggest a hospital stay without art is equally bland.
That's one reason the hospital and a group of dedicated art enthusiasts joined forces to create the Art for Healing program.
Dyan Pignatelli is a community volunteer who sits on the hospital's foundation board. She spearheaded the effort.
"Studies show that patients who are exposed to art during their hospital stay actually heal quicker and have a better overall experience. It just seemed like a natural fit — to tap into the talent of local artists, beautify an already stunning facility, and uplift patients all at once," Pignatelli said.
The program works like this: Hospital volunteers will introduce patients to an Art Cart, allowing them to choose the print they would like displayed in their room. New art can be selected throughout the patient's hospital stay for the patient and visitors to enjoy.
"We're looking for all types of artwork — photography, oils, pastels, sketches and more," Pignatelli added. "We want to collaborate with anyone who is creating art and would like to share it with the patients at Park City Hospital. If you feel your art would bring joy, solace, peace or hope to others, please submit!"
Anyone interested in submitting their artwork should follow these steps:
The deadline for submitting art work is Feb. 15.
Art will be selected by a jury process and artists will be notified if their work is chosen. Selected artists will receive special recognition from Park City Hospital for being part of the Art for Healing program.
"We're grateful to Dyan and the Art for Healing committee for creating this program and helping us to further our mission to help people live the healthiest lives possible," noted hospital administrator, Si Hutt.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- What to do this weekend in Park City: Shawn Colvin, Gallery stroll and Oscar-nominated Shorts
- Temple Har Shalom Scholar-in-Residence to discuss Islam and democracy
- Park City Films to screen Oscar short film nominees
- Three oil painters featured at Montgomery-Lee at Last Friday Gallery Stroll
- Updated: Sheriff’s Office investigates apparent armed robbery at Wells Fargo Bank
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Summit County Sheriff’s Office leery of bill that would allow drivers to go through red lights
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- PCMR skiers caught in out-of-bounds Scott’s Bowl