Park City Institute gets wild with Jeff Corwin
Emmy winner arrives Saturday
March 7, 2017
Park City Institute presents conservationist Jeff Corwin, host of Ocean Treks with Jeff Corwin on ABC, on the Eccles Center Stage, Saturday, March 11, at 7:30 p.m.
Corwin also hosted the Emmy Award-winning "Ocean Mysteries with Jeff Corwin from Georgia Aquarium" — along with shows for Animal Planet, Disney Channel, CNN and others.
All of his TV work shares a common thread: a commitment to connecting with audiences about conservation.
"Jeff's humorous, engaging style—and his habit of bringing animal pals to the stage— make him a favorite of Park City Institute audiences, and we're so happy he's able to return this season," says PCI Executive Director Teri Orr. "We want curious students and their parents to come away from this show thinking about all the ways that we are all connected, and how to protect our planet."
Corwin is a well-known conservationist who discusses how climate change, pollution and habitat loss threaten animal, plant and even human survival.
Through tales of his adventures and discussion of the planet's most vulnerable plants and animals, Corwin will share his insights to empower the next generation to understand the ways in which modern life puts a strain on Mother Nature's resources—and offer some ideas and insights as to how we can protect them.
Recommended Stories For You
"This is a great family night out," adds Orr. "In fact, for this show, we have special ticket pricing, to make sure as many families as possible can enjoy the show. And, as always, we have $5 student tickets available for students up to grade 12."
Tickets to Jeff Corwin range from $19 to $49.
Student tickets are available, through the generosity of donors to the Park City Institute, for $5.
For this performance, parents who purchase a full-price $49 ticket can add a $5 student ticket in the same section.
For information, visit http://www.ecclecenter.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- National Geographic’s Steve Winter is a big cat when it comes to tigers, jaguars and cougars
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- What to do in Park City this weekend: Rita Coolidge, Jodi Kantor and Steve Winter
- Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jodi Kantor will speak about breaking the Harvey Weinstein story and the #metoo movement
- Access Film Music Festival celebrates 16 years of helping independent musicians get to the next level
- Park City wildlife carnage: After an elk collision, a roadside dismemberment
- New proposal submitted for housing project in Brown’s Canyon
- For the Record: What’s in your Sundance survival guide?
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Park City police told of issues with Uber, taxi and shuttle drivers