Park City Mountain celebrates spring with annual concert series
Local and international bands on the roster
February 17, 2017
Rapid snowmelt is a sign winter is ending.
Warmer weather means the Park City Mountain Resort's free spring concerts are just days away from starting.
The annual series at the resort has become a tradition for many people — visitors and residents alike.
On Saturday, Feb. 18, music lovers will get a sneak preview when Le Voir opens for Knox Hamilton at 3 p.m. at the Canyons Village stage.
The idea of the concert series is to provide a fun and exciting après experience for guests to enjoy after their time on the slopes, said Whitney Wall, Park City Mountain brand experience manager during an email interview with The Park Record.
"As the days get longer, the Spring Concert Series provides the perfect atmosphere to soak up the sun and enjoy time together," Wall said. "And when paired with our kids' après events, it's an experience that all ages can enjoy."
Recommended Stories For You
The concerts were programmed through a partnership with the nonprofit, Mountain Town Stages.
"Together, we look to bring in lively acts and a variety of music genres to create a
memorable après experience for guests," Wall said.
The concerts, which will generally start at 3 p.m., will take place in two areas and
last for two hours.
"Concerts at the Park City Base Area will take place on PayDay Deck at Legacy Lodge,
overlooking the PayDay Lift," Wall said. "Concerts will also take place on the Canyons
Village Stage at Canyons Village."
The PayDay Deck concerts are as follows:
- 4 — The Zolotones
- 11 — Ashlee K. Thomas Band
- 18 — Ethan Perry & The Remedy
- 25 — Crystal FightersApril
- 1– Grizzly Goat
- 8 — Cry Wolf
- 15 — Please Be Human
- 16 — Changing Lanes ExperienceThe Canyons Village concerts will be:
- 18 — Knox Hamilton, (Opener: Le Voir)March
- 4 — Mokie
- 11 — The Changing Lanes Experience
- 17 — Badfeather
- 18 — Smiling Souls
- 25 — The Fabulous FlynstonesApril
- 1 — Magic Giant
- 8 — Metro Music Club (Opener: Garret Lebeau)
- 15 — Sin City Soul
- 16 — Breakfast KlubMost of the concerts will be performed by local bands, however, the bands Knox
Hamilton, Crystal Fighters and Magic Giant are from out of state.
Knox Hamilton hails from Little Rock, Arkansas. Crystal Fighters formed in London and
Magic Giant is from Los Angeles, Wall said.
Wall said the spring concerts are a great family-friendly activity Park City
residents and visitors can enjoy.
"Spring is one of the best times of year in Park City," Wall said. "We look forward to the
Spring Concert Series every season and hope it provides a memorable experience for our
guests. We invite everyone to come and enjoy the live music and sunshine at Park City
Mountain all Spring long."
Park City Mountain Resort's spring concert series will begin Saturday. For
information, visit http://www.parkcitymountain.com/events.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Sundance Film Festival volunteer will rack up her 14th year
- National Geographic’s Steve Winter is a big cat when it comes to tigers, jaguars and cougars
- Local singer-songwriter Bill McGinnis enjoys international Access with Park City showcase
- Christopher Hawley looks forward to his annual gig at the Access Film Music Festival
- Plan for Kimball Junction re-design will be before Basin planning panel
- Marketplace: After years in the industry, restaurateur opens Hearth and Hill
- Park City wildlife carnage: After an elk collision, a roadside dismemberment
- Court report: Park City man pleads guilty to attempted obstruction of justice
- Park City wildlife collisions involve deer, mountain lion