Pianist Beus will perform Saturday
August 8, 2017
The Beethoven Festival Park City is delighted to announce that concert pianist Stephen Beus will make his Festival debut this week in the Festival's final summer salon concert/fundraiser on Aug. 12 at 6:30 p.m. to be held in both the Sanctuary and Social Hall loft at the Park City Community Church, 4501 N. S.R. 224
Beus won international critical acclaim when he entered a series of major piano competitions during 2007. Prior to that banner year, Beus won the prestigious Juilliard School Concerto Competition and made his Carnegie Hall debut with the Juilliard Orchestra and conductor James DePreist, playing Prokofiev Concerto No. 3.
As international recital soloist, Beus has performed at London's famed Wigmore Hall, the Salle Gaveau and Salle Cortot (Paris), Merkin Hall (New York City), the Shanghai Oriental Arts Center, the Central Conservatory (Beijing), Teatro San Carlo (Naples), Carnegie Hall (Weill Recital Hall), the Queluz Palace (Lisbon) and has performed for the Dame Myra Hess and Fazioli Salon series (Chicago), the International Keyboard Institute and Festival (New York City), and has given recitals across the United States as well as in Kazakhstan, Russia, Finland, Denmark, Switzerland, Germany, Georgia, China, France, Italy, Portugal, the Czech Republic, and Morocco.
He has also performed as guest soloist with the Gulbenkian Symphony (Lisbon), Oxford Philomusica, the Tivoli Symphony (Copenhagen), the Tbilisi National Opera Orchestra, the Northwest Sinfonietta (Seattle), the Royal Philharmonic of Morocco (Casablanca), the Vaasa Symphony Orchestra (Finland) as well as with the Hamburg, Indianapolis, Nashville, Santa Fe, Utah, Fort Worth, Tucson, Yakima, Bellevue, Salt Lake, Eastern Sierra, Corvallis, Jacksonville, Texarkana and Walla Walla Symphonies.
Born and raised on a farm in eastern Washington, Beus began lessons at age 5 and made his orchestral debut four years later.
He went on to win numerous national and international competitions throughout his youth, capturing the attention of both audiences and critics.
Recommended Stories For You
Reservations are encouraged and reservation tickets are available online in advance by visiting http://www.eventbrite.com/e/debut-bachauer-piano-comp-winner- stephen-beus-and-violinist-monte-belknap-tickets-36764493590.
Space-available tickets will be available for purchase at the door beginning at 6 p.m. To purchase a ticket or to make a reservation, contact Leslie Harlow at firstname.lastname@example.org, or text at 801-671-3549.
For information, visit http://www.BeethovenFestivalParkCity.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’
- Free lecture will give the Shoshone perspective of the Bear River Massacre
- Utah Symphony Chamber Concert features music from different eras
- Music has lifted Rita Coolidge higher and higher
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- Record editorial: Take a breath before Sundance, World Championships collide