Postponed: The 21st Annual Pond Skimming
April 7, 2017
The 21st annual pond skimming contest that was schedule for at noon on Saturday, April 8, at Canyons as been postponed to April 15 due to weather.
The Pond Skimming Contest is Park City's most popular party and is the true indicator that spring has arrived. Contestants must dress in costume (the funkier the better) as they attempt to cross a 100-foot pond on skis or a snowboard.
The pond and the excitement happen at mid-mountain just outside Red Pine Lodge. Participants must be 10 years of age or older to enter. Spectators will need a lift or gondola ticket to watch.
For information, visit http://www.parkcitymountain.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’
- Music has lifted Rita Coolidge higher and higher
- Free lecture will give the Shoshone perspective of the Bear River Massacre
- Park City Film needs volunteers to sell concessions during the Sundance Film Festival
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Sundance 2019: Park City drafts cheat sheet outlining the rules
- Court report: Henefer man sentenced to 10 days in jail for DUI
- Traffic signs on S.R. 224 part of in-vehicle traffic app development