Postponed: The 21st Annual Pond Skimming
April 7, 2017
The 21st annual pond skimming contest that was schedule for at noon on Saturday, April 8, at Canyons as been postponed to April 15 due to weather.
The Pond Skimming Contest is Park City's most popular party and is the true indicator that spring has arrived. Contestants must dress in costume (the funkier the better) as they attempt to cross a 100-foot pond on skis or a snowboard.
The pond and the excitement happen at mid-mountain just outside Red Pine Lodge. Participants must be 10 years of age or older to enter. Spectators will need a lift or gondola ticket to watch.
For information, visit http://www.parkcitymountain.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- For these Park City photographers, taking the shot is only half the story
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City’s 2018 Autumn Aloft creates wonder for viewers and pilots alike
- Erika L. Sánchez, author of ‘I’m Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter,’ set for Park City appearance
- Mitch Davis’ ‘The Stray’ brings filmmaker’s family together
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork