Rehearsals for the Park City Messiah Sing Along starts Sunday
Concert will be Palm Sunday
February 10, 2017
The third annual Park City Messiah Sing Along, sponsored by the Park City Interfaith Council, will be at 7 p.m. on Palm Sunday, April 9t, at the Eccles Center for the Performing Arts, 1750 Kearns Blvd.
The primary objective of the Park City Interfaith Council's annual concert is to bring a greater sense of unity to the community while providing a wonderful musical experience.
Maestro Jonathan Griffith, co-founder, artistic director and principal conductor of Distinguished Concerts International New York, will lead the concert again this year.
Griffith will add a new dimension to the performance by including a chamber orchestra and harpsichord to the accompaniment.
The public is invited to sing as part of the choir.
The first rehearsal will be at 7 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 12, at the Park City Community Church, 4501 S.R. 224.
The evening will include al sing-through of all assigned choruses, orientation for returning and new choristers, and sign-up of new choristers.
Recommended Stories For You
Registration for this project will conclude at the end of this rehearsal to allow the organizing committee to
- Verify contact information for communications
- Get height for section seating and optimal sight lines
- Determine accommodations for disabilities
- Identify choristers by congregations/faith traditions for publicity and the printed
- Set standards and attendance requirements for increasing collaborative of choir with orchestra
The next few rehearsals will be from 7-9 p.m. every Sunday from Feb. 12 to March 26 at Park City Community Church.
The rehearsal on April 2 will be from 6-9 p.m. at a location yet to be announced.
Dress rehearsal with the choir and orchestra will be held from 9-11:45 a.m. on Saturday, April 8, at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 2300 Monitor Drive.
For information, contact Randy Favero by calling 801-698-3340.
Trending In: Entertainment
- What to do in Park City this weekend: musicals, affordable housing and the music crawl
- Park City High School drama department exclaims ‘Mamma Mia!’
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Nonprofits offer free family-friendly film screenings in Park City for Thanksgiving
- Mind hive will be abuzz with Park City-based songwriters
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- Park City Mountain ski resort still on schedule to open Nov. 21
- Attorney for 17-year-old accused of procuring illegal drugs seeks motion to suppress evidence
- Park City Mountain’s ski patrol union negotiates with Vail Resorts for new contract
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space