Rehearsals for the Park City Messiah Sing Along starts Sunday
Concert will be Palm Sunday
February 10, 2017
The third annual Park City Messiah Sing Along, sponsored by the Park City Interfaith Council, will be at 7 p.m. on Palm Sunday, April 9t, at the Eccles Center for the Performing Arts, 1750 Kearns Blvd.
The primary objective of the Park City Interfaith Council's annual concert is to bring a greater sense of unity to the community while providing a wonderful musical experience.
Maestro Jonathan Griffith, co-founder, artistic director and principal conductor of Distinguished Concerts International New York, will lead the concert again this year.
Griffith will add a new dimension to the performance by including a chamber orchestra and harpsichord to the accompaniment.
The public is invited to sing as part of the choir.
The first rehearsal will be at 7 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 12, at the Park City Community Church, 4501 S.R. 224.
The evening will include al sing-through of all assigned choruses, orientation for returning and new choristers, and sign-up of new choristers.
Recommended Stories For You
Registration for this project will conclude at the end of this rehearsal to allow the organizing committee to
- Verify contact information for communications
- Get height for section seating and optimal sight lines
- Determine accommodations for disabilities
- Identify choristers by congregations/faith traditions for publicity and the printed
- Set standards and attendance requirements for increasing collaborative of choir with orchestra
The next few rehearsals will be from 7-9 p.m. every Sunday from Feb. 12 to March 26 at Park City Community Church.
The rehearsal on April 2 will be from 6-9 p.m. at a location yet to be announced.
Dress rehearsal with the choir and orchestra will be held from 9-11:45 a.m. on Saturday, April 8, at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 2300 Monitor Drive.
For information, contact Randy Favero by calling 801-698-3340.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Local cowboy painter Don Weller will sign his memoir at Dolly’s Bookstore
- What to do in Park City this weekend: Mamma Mia!, Birds of Chicago, Pink Park City
- Breast Cancer Support Group heads Haum for meditation session
- Birds of Chicago land in Park City to spread ‘Love in Wartime’
- Deer Valley, searching for parking, tapped garage in Main Street core
- For the Record: Are multi-resort passes like the Epic and Ikon offerings good for skiing?
- Police investigate man’s death near Park City Cemetery
- Park City, jammed, forced into temporary one-way Main Street traffic
- Heber resident’s garden sustains an endangered species: the ski bum