Santa Claus is coming to the Town Lift Plaza
December 14, 2017
Santa Claus will visit Park City a week before he jets around the world to deliver presents to good boys and girls.
The jolly elf will make his annual grand arrival at 6 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 16, at the Town Lift Plaza. Before he ascends via the Town Lift, Park City Mountain will host a celebration that is free and open to the public starting at 5:30 p.m. with the music of Paul Cave.
Cave, who performs jazz standards in the same vein as Frank Sinatra, Harry Connick Jr. and Michael Bublé, will perform until 6:30 p.m. More information about Cave can be found by visiting http://www.paulcavemusic.com/about.
Whitney Ryan, brand experience manager at Park City Mountain, took time to answer some questions that were asked by The Park Record via email about this tradition.
“The holidays are a very special time in Park City and we love hosting events that bring people together to celebrate and be merry...”Whitney Ryan,Park City Mountain brand experience manager
Recommended Stories For You
Park Record: The annual event has become a tradition in Park City. Are there any new elements this year?
Whitney Ryan: Yes, this is a long-standing tradition for Park City Mountain and every year we're very thankful that Santa makes the time to visit his favorite ski town and help us get in the holiday spirit.
P.R.: What will be the returning activities?
W.R.: We will serve complimentary hot chocolate and cookies, while supplies last, at the Town Lift Plaza. Once Santa arrives, our EpicMix photographers will be available to snap holiday photos of the guests with Santa. Epic Pass holders should bring their Epic passes so photos [will] automatically upload to their EpicMix accounts.
P.R.: What is so special about the event for Park City Mountain?
W.R.: We look forward to this event every year. The holidays are a very special time in Park City and we love hosting events that bring people together to celebrate and be merry. Santa loves Park City and he has been visiting us on this day for many years. He especially loves riding down the historic Town Lift to Main Street to meet the kids and spread holiday cheer (and his reindeer appreciate a night off). We hope that people come together on this night to experience the magic of the holidays and enjoy our beautiful mountain town with Santa.
P.R.: Who designs Santa's clothing?
W.R.: We heard that Santa had a team of very talented designer elves who worked on his suit this year: Oscar de-Elfrenta, Diane Von Frostenberg, Hot-Cocoa Chanel and Elves Saint Laurent.
P.R.: Will children be able to talk with Santa after he arrives?
W.R.: Yes. He's looking forward to it.
Santa Claus will arrive at the Town Lift on Saturday, Dec. 16. For information, visit this website.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- What to do this weekend in Park City: Fall activities begin with Scarecrow Festival
- For these Park City photographers, taking the shot is only half the story
- Park City Museum cemetery tours will bring town’s historical figures to life
- Erika L. Sánchez, author of ‘I’m Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter,’ set for Park City appearance
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Summit County inundated with complaints about Kilby Road construction (w/video)
- Punctured gas line in Park City prompts evacuations
- Attendance at Park City Red Bull 400 climbs in 2018 (w/video)