September 29, 2015
Donate jewels for Peace House
Bring your pre-loved handbags, fine jewelry, costume jewelry, and scarves and get a free seated massage, lunch, and get entered in a drawing for hundreds of dollars worth of giveaways from local shops and restaurants. October 6th from Noon to 2 p.m. at Freedom Chiropractic, 1526 Ute Blvd. #110. Everything that is donated will be auctioned off at the upcoming Bling Fling to raise money for Peace House.
Sam Jackenthal Fundraiser
A fundraiser for Sam Jackenthal, the 16-year-old freeskiier from Park City who was injured while skiing between camp sessions at Perisher Resort in Australia, will be held on Wednesday, Sept. 30, at O’Shuck’s at Quarry Village, at 6 p.m. Olympic Gold Medalist Sage Kotsenberg will be in attendance and will donate an autographed a snowboard. For more information or to donate, contact Sandy Geldhoff at
Bling Fling Collections
Recommended Stories For You
Peace House is currently collecting gently-used jewelry, scarves and handbags for resale at its Bling Fling fundraiser that will be held on Nov. 13 and 14 at Park City Community Church. Bring donations, for which you will receive a donation receipt, to any of the following locations: Right At Home, Park City Community Church, from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Monday through Thursday, Whole Foods, Hugo Coffee, Freedom Chiropractic, The Park Meadows Country Club and Peace House Community Offices. Look for the big purple bins to place your donations. For more information, visit http://www.peacehouse.org.
Park City Film Series Books 2 Movies: ‘Charlotte’s Web’
The Park City Film Series’s Books 2 Movies program will present a free screening of Charles A. Nichols and Iwao Takamot’s "Charlotte’s Web" at the Summit County Library Coalville Branch, 82 N. 50 East, at 3 p.m. The animated film is based on the children’s novel by E.B. White and is about a friendship between a pig and a spider. Additional free screenings will be on Saturday, Oct. 3, at the Jim Santy Auditorium of the Park City Library, 1255 Park Ave., and the Summit County Library Kimball Junction Branch, 1885 W. Ute Blvd., at 3 p.m. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.org .
‘Plastics Unwrapped’ at the Park City Museum
The Park City Museum, 528 Main St., will open a new exhibit, "Plastics Unwrapped," in the Tozer Gallery on Saturday, Oct. 3. The exhibit explores how material-culture was changed by plastics. Visitors will learn what life was like before plastics, how they are made and what happens after these items are thrown away. The exhibit highlights the need to rethink the world’s relationship with plastics and find ways to use them more appropriately. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityhistory.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’
- Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jodi Kantor will speak about breaking the Harvey Weinstein story and the #metoo movement
- Free lecture will give the Shoshone perspective of the Bear River Massacre
- What to do in Park City this weekend: Rita Coolidge, Jodi Kantor and Steve Winter
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Record editorial: Take a breath before Sundance, World Championships collide
- Few commuters taking advantage of remote parking lot on Kilby Road
- Park City police told of issues with Uber, taxi and shuttle drivers
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City