Scene clips for Aug. 1
July 31, 2015
Utah Public Art Program Seeks Artist Letters
The Utah Public Art Program of the Division of Arts & Museums, in association with the Division of Facilities and Construction Management and Salt Lake Community College, is calling for letters of interest and qualifications from resident Utah artists interested in creating art for the Bruin Fitness Center at the South City Campus. The Art Selection Committee is hopeful the artist for this commission will consider and reflect the users of the SLCC campus, the facility and the surrounding South Salt Lake City community. The deadline is 5 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 14. A full description and guidelines for application can be found at publicart.utah.gov . Artists may submit qualifications online at callforentry.org .
Friends of the Park City Library Used Book Sale
The Friends of the Park City Library Annual Labor Day Weekend Used Book Sale will be held on 3rd floor of the Park City Library, 1255 Park Ave., from Saturday, Sept. 5, through Monday, Sept. 7. Saturday will be open from 9 am.. to 10:30 a.m. for Friends of the Park City Library members and then open from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. to the general public. Sunday’s hours are from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Monday’s Bargain Bag Day Sale will be open from 10:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. Shoppers can bring bring a bag and fill for $5. Anyone interested in volunteering can sign up at Park City Library or email Ann Whitworth firstname.lastname@example.org .
Artist Demonstration at the Terzian Galleries
The Terzian Galleries, 625 Main St., will present artist demonstrations by sculptor Adam Thomas Rees on Aug. 1 and Aug. 2 during the Park City Kimball Arts Festival. Rees is known for his vivid polymer clay works. For more information, visit http://www.terziangalleries.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Toastmasters Meeting at the Sheldon Richins Building
The Park City Toastmasters meet each Tuesday at 7 a.m. in the Sheldon Richins Building, 6505 N. Landmark Dr., at Kimball Junction. Toastmasters is a powerful tool for helping to develop speaking, listening and leadership skills required for today’s business environment. Guests are always welcome. For more information, visit http://www.facebook.com/PCToastmasters .
Park City Farmers Market
The Park City Farmers Market, presented by Volker’s Bakery, is held every Wednesday at Canyons Resort’s Cabriolet parking lot from noon until 6 p.m. Admission is free. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfarmersmarket.com .
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Shawn Colvin celebrates 30 years of ‘Steady On’ in Park City this weekend
- Three oil painters featured at Montgomery-Lee at Last Friday Gallery Stroll
- Jack Quist is Jackson Cash in a tribute show to the Man in Black
- Newcomers Club of Greater Park City to celebrate Mardi Gras
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Park City grocer will shun plastic bags regardless of Utah lawmakers