Scene clips for Aug. 10
August 9, 2016
Summit County Fair
The Summit County Fair continues at the fairgrounds on Wednesday, Aug. 10. The morning starts off with Home Arts Baked Good at 8 a.m. and proceeds with a youth pet fest at 1 p.m. (Registration is at 12:30 p.m.) The carnival opens at 4 p.m. and the Archery Competition and Little Buckaroo Rodeo begins at 6 p.m. Admission is free. For more information, visit http://www.summitcountyfair.org.
Park City International Film Festival
The Park City International Film Festival, a family-friendly event that will feature documentary shorts, narrative shorts, documentary features and feature films, panel discussions and a tour of the Park City Film Studios, will be held at the Eccles Center for the Performing Arts, 1750 Kearns Blvd., from Wednesday, Aug. 10, to Saturday, Aug. 13. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit parkcityfilmfest.org.
Trove Gallery: Heather Barron and Kim Brown
Trove Gallery, 804 Main St., will host an artist opening for painter Heather Barron and sculptor Kim Brown, both local artists, on Friday, Aug. 12, from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, visit http://www.troveparkcity.com.
Flying Ace All-Stars Freestyle Shows
The Flying Ace All-Stars Freestyle shows are held every Saturday and Sunday at 1 p.m. at Utah Olympic Park, 3419 Olympic Pkwy. at Kimball Junction. Admission is $12 for adults and $7 for kids ages 12 and younger. The Flying Ace All-Stars are composed of the world's top Olympic-level skiers, snowboarders and acrobats who perform a half-hour choreographed acrobatic routine set to music. For more information, visit http://www.utaholympiclegacy.org/park.
No Park Silly Sunday Market
There will be no Park Silly Sunday Market on Sunday, Aug. 14, due to the Park City Kimball Arts Festival. For more information, visit http://www.parksillysundaymarket.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- For these Park City photographers, taking the shot is only half the story
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City’s 2018 Autumn Aloft creates wonder for viewers and pilots alike
- Erika L. Sánchez, author of ‘I’m Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter,’ set for Park City appearance
- What to do this weekend in Park City: Fall activities begin with Scarecrow Festival
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Summit County inundated with complaints about Kilby Road construction (w/video)
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken