Scene clips for Aug. 17
August 16, 2016
Park City Farmer's Market
Park City Farmer's Market, run by Volker's Bakery, will run every Wednesday at Canyons Cabriolet Parking Lot from noon until 6 p.m. through Oct. 12, weather permitting. The market will feature fresh, local produce, baked breads, arts and crafts and live music. For more information, visit parkcityfarmersmarket.com.
Neil Simon Festival at the Egyptian Theatre
The Egyptian Theatre, 328 Main St., will present the Neil Simon Festival from Aug. 17 through Aug. 21. The festival will run Neil Simon's "Brighton Beach Memoirs" on Aug. 17 and 19, at 8 p.m., and Aug. 21 at 6 p.m. It will run Neil Simon's "London Suite" on Aug. 18 and 20, at 8 p.m. "Brighton Beach Memoirs" is about Eugene, who must cope with his overbearing mother and overworked father, his older brother Stanley, his widowed aunt Blanche, a socialist grandfather and two cousins, while dreaming of baseball and girls. "London Suite" is similar to Simon's other "Suite" plays and features four one-act scenes of guests of a London hotel. Wednesday and Thursday tickets are $19 to $29. Tickets for shows on Friday through Sunday are $23 to $35. Tickets can be purchased by visiting http://www.parkcityshows.com.
Fox School of Wine's Table for 12
Fox School of Wine will host its monthly Table for 12 tasting event at The Market at Park City, 1500 Snow Creek Dr., on Thursday, Aug. 18, at 6:30 p.m. Participants will taste four wines that have been paired with specialty foods. Each class is designed to give both the beginner and the experienced wine lover a glimpse into little-known stories, facts and history that make the world of wine so interesting. Reservations are mandatory and all participants must be ages 21 or older. To make reservations, call 435-655-WINE. For more information, visit http://www.foxschoolofwine.com.
Relay for Life
The Summit County American Cancer Society Relay for Life will be held on Friday, Aug. 19, at Montage Deer Valley from 6 p.m. until 10 p.m. The family-friendly event, which will raise money for the American Cancer Society, is a celebration of survivors and a memorial for ones lost. It will feature live music, drinks, food and many activities. For more information, visit http://www.facebook.com/Relay-For-Life-Park-City-Utah-112638502483439/. To sign up, visit main.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=entry&fr_id=75455.
Intermountain Mustang and All Ford Stampede
The Northern Utah Mustang Owners Association will present the 16th Annual Intermountain Mustang and All Ford Stampede at Redstone Center at Kimball Junction on Aug. 20, from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. The event is free to spectators and will feature dash plaques, awards, opportunity drawings, a family-friendly frozen T-shirt contest and music by DJ Steve-O. For more information, visit http://www.numoa.webs.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- What to do in Park City this weekend: musicals, affordable housing and the music crawl
- Park City High School drama department exclaims ‘Mamma Mia!’
- Mind hive will be abuzz with Park City-based songwriters
- Park City Museum looks at the real and imagined Manifest Destiny
- Park City Mountain ski resort still on schedule to open Nov. 21
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- Attorney for 17-year-old accused of procuring illegal drugs seeks motion to suppress evidence
- Park City Mountain’s ski patrol union negotiates with Vail Resorts for new contract
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space