Scene clips for Aug. 27
August 26, 2016
Writing Workshop by Nina Romano
Author Nina Romano will give a free three-hour writing workshop at the Summit County Library Kimball Junction Branch, 1885 Ute. Blvd., on Saturday, Aug. 27, from 9 a.m. until noon. The workshop is titled "Scene Writing in Fiction, Biography, Memoir and Journal Writing." Romano will read some scenes and discuss them and then have participants write their own scenes for discussion. For more information, visit http://www.thesummitcountylibrary.org.
Wasatch Mountain Jaguar Register Annual Classic Car Show
The Wasatch Mountain Jaguar Register Annual Classic Car Show will be held on lower Main Street on Saturday, Aug. 27. Cars will be in place between 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. The award ceremony will begin at 2 p.m. The public is invited. For more information, visit http://www.cs.utah.edu/~gary/WMJR.
Park Silly Market on Main Street
The Park Silly Sunday Market continues its 10th anniversary season on Sunday, Aug. 28. The ecofriendly, open-air artist and farmers market, street festival and community forum will open on historic Main Street at 10 a.m. Each week the market hosts more than 180 vendors, a Bloody Mary bar, live music, roving entertainers and fun activities for kids. For more information, visit http://www.parksillysundaymarket.com.
Park City Wine Club's 'Flights & Bites'
The Park City Wine Club's “Flights & Bites” continues on Tuesday, Aug. 30, at Ruth's Chris, Park City, at 6 p.m. This month's pairing is with Pinot. Pinot Noir's will be paired with culinary flavors by Chef Mike. Reservations can be made by visiting http://www.parkcitywineclub.com. The cost is $50 and includes tax and gratuity. This tasting is open to the public.
Park City Farmer's Market
Park City Farmer's Market, run by Volker's Bakery, will run every Wednesday at Canyons Cabriolet Parking Lot from noon until 6 p.m. through Oct. 12, weather permitting. The market will feature fresh, local produce, baked breads, arts and crafts and live music. For more information, visit parkcityfarmersmarket.com.
Inside Out – Park City: Last Call and Closing Party
The Summit County Public Art Board's Inside Out – Park City exhibit is closing. The open call for participation in the online exhibit ends Wednesday, Aug. 31. If you are a Summit County entrepreneur and would like to be included, visit darkstorefronts.org/participate. A closing party will be held that night at Myrtle Rose in Newpark from 5:30 p.m. until 7 p.m. The public is welcome.
Trending In: Entertainment
- For these Park City photographers, taking the shot is only half the story
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City’s 2018 Autumn Aloft creates wonder for viewers and pilots alike
- Erika L. Sánchez, author of ‘I’m Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter,’ set for Park City appearance
- Teresa Collins hosting Park City crafting event to “help create stories”
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits