Scene clips for Dec. 11
December 10, 2013
Riffs Acoustic Music, 1205 Iron Horse Dr., will present a benefit concerts with the Riff Raff Band on Wednesday, Dec. 11, at 7 p.m. The concert is a fundraiser for the Peace House, a nonprofit organization dedicated to end domestic violence in Summit and Wasatch Counties. The Riff Raff Band is comprised of Riffs Acoustic Music teachers. Light refreshments will be served. Call 435-649-1940 to reserve a seat. For more information, visit wwwriffspc.com and http://www.peacehouse.org.
Christian Science Wednesdays
Christian Science Church will present evenings of inner peace, forgiveness and joy this holiday season on Wednesday evenings at the Park Hotel, 605 Main St., from 7 p.m. until 8 p.m. You will hear inspiring readings from the Bible and "Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures." In December, the themed weekly topics are about Spiritual Gifts. All events are free and open to the public. For more information, http://www.christianscienceparkcity.com under events.
Park City High School and Treasure Mountain Junior High Concerts
Park City High School and Treasure Mountain Junior High music departments will present a series of concerts on Wednesday, Dec. 11, and Thursday, Dec. 12, from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. Performances will be held at Park City High School, 1750 Kearns Blvd., on the Eccles Center stage, in the Black Box, the band room, the lobby and music hall. Admission is free.
Park City Film Series: ‘Ready to Fly’
Recommended Stories For You
The Park City Film Series will present a special screening of William Kerig’s "Ready to Fly," not rated, at the Jim Santy Auditorium at the Park City Library and Education Center, 1255 Park Ave., on Thursday, Dec. 12, at 7 p.m. The screening is part of the Reel Community Series. Admission is free, but there is a suggested donation of $10. "Ready to Fly" follows Lindsey Van and her women’s ski jumping family through their 15-year fight to achieve gender equality in the Olympic Winter Games. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.org.
Park City Newcomers Holiday Party
On Saturday, Dec. 14, the Newcomers Club will host its annual holiday party at the Grand Summit Hotel at Canyons Resort from 6:30 p.m. until 11:30 p.m. RSVP to Anne Frank by calling 214-714-3939 or email email@example.com . For more information, visit http://www.parkcitynewcomers.org .
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- National Geographic’s Steve Winter is a big cat when it comes to tigers, jaguars and cougars
- Christopher Hawley looks forward to his annual gig at the Access Film Music Festival
- Access Film Music Festival celebrates 16 years of helping independent musicians get to the next level
- Local singer-songwriter Bill McGinnis enjoys international Access with Park City showcase
- Plan for Kimball Junction re-design will be before Basin planning panel
- Park City wildlife carnage: After an elk collision, a roadside dismemberment
- Court report: Park City man pleads guilty to attempted obstruction of justice
- Park City wildlife collisions involve deer, mountain lion
- Park City swimmer Fischer Caplin selected for USA Swimming diversity fellowship