Scene clips for Dec. 13-16, 2014
December 12, 2014
Deadline for Locals to Register for Individual Sundance Film Festival Tickets
The deadline for Utah residents to register for locals’ individual tickets to the Sundance Film Festival is Monday, Dec. 15. To register, visit http://www.sundance.org/festivals. On Wednesday and Thursday, Dec. 17 and 18, Sundance will email all local registrants a locals individual-ticket purchase timeslot. Timeslots for the locals’ individual tickets will be between Tuesday, Jan. 13, and Thursday, Jan. 15. Utah residents who have registered for Sundance Film Festival ticket packages and already received timeslots will purchase their packages from Monday, Jan. 5, through Friday, Jan. 9. For more information, visit http://www.sundance.org/festivals.
Santa to Arrive Via the Town Lift
On Saturday, Dec. 13, Santa Claus will give his grand annual entrance when he arrives on the Town Lift. The jolly old elf will make his appearance at 5:30 p.m. and the public is invited to the free welcoming party. Along with Santa, Rudolph and other reindeers will make appearances. The evening will also feature an array of holiday treats and hot cocoa. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitymountain.com.
‘Good Christians Now Rejoice’ at South Summit High School
Kamas Valley Community Choir and Orchestra will present "Good Christians, Now Rejoice" at South Summit High School, 45 S. 300 East in Kamas, on Sunday, Dec. 14, at 7 p.m. The public is invited. Admission is free.
Recommended Stories For You
Roommate Roundup Location Changed for Dec. 17
Mountainlands Community Housing Trust will extend its Roommate Roundup to Wednesday, Dec. 17. The location has also been changed to Alberto’s Restaurant, 1640 Bonanza Drive, at 4:30 p.m. The location has only been changed for Dec.17, all prior meetings will be held at the Christian Center, 1283 Deer Valley Dr. Potential roommates will find maps, sample leases and other information regarding the ins-and-outs of renting in Park City. Many seasonal employees seeking housing and roommates will also be in attendence. For more information, contact Laura at Mountainlands Community Housing Trust at 435-647-9719 or visit, http://www.housinghelp.org .
Chabad Lubavitch Will Light the Grand Menorah
The Chabad Lubavitch Park City will present the lighting of the Grand Menorah at the Kimball Art Center patio, 638 Heber Ave., on Thursday, Dec. 18. Admission is free. The lighting will be held at 5:30 p.m. Afterwards, the celebration will move inside where the public will enjoy dreidels, donuts, Chanukah gelt and great opportunity-drawing prizes. To obtain a free Chanukah kit or for more information, call 435-714-8590.
Trending In: Entertainment
- National Geographic’s Steve Winter is a big cat when it comes to tigers, jaguars and cougars
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- What to do in Park City this weekend: Rita Coolidge, Jodi Kantor and Steve Winter
- Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jodi Kantor will speak about breaking the Harvey Weinstein story and the #metoo movement
- Access Film Music Festival celebrates 16 years of helping independent musicians get to the next level
- Park City wildlife carnage: After an elk collision, a roadside dismemberment
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- New proposal submitted for housing project in Brown’s Canyon
- For the Record: What’s in your Sundance survival guide?
- Park City police told of issues with Uber, taxi and shuttle drivers