Scene clips for Dec. 16
December 16, 2015
Baby and Me at the Park City Library
The Park City Library, 1255 Park Ave., will present a free Baby and Me story time every Wednesday from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. This interactive baby lapsit is designed for children from birth to 18 months to encourage early literacy development. Older siblings and children are always welcome. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitylibrary.org .
Park City Film Series: ‘The Wonders’
The Park City Film Series will present Alice Rohrwacher’s "The Wonders," not rated, at the Jim Santy Auditorium of the Park City Library, 1255 Park Ave., from Friday, Dec. 18, through Sunday, Dec. 20. Friday’s and Saturday’s screenings will begin at 8 p.m. Sunday’s screening will begin at 6 p.m. The film is about a family of Italian beekeepers living in the beautiful Tuscan countryside that finds its household disrupted by the simultaneous arrival of a silently troubled teenage boy and a reality TV show intent on showcasing the family. Tickets are $8 for adults and $7 for senior citizens and students. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.org .
Open Enrollment Insurance Appointments
The People’s Health Clinic, 650 Round Valley Dr. at Quinn’s Junction, will host open enrollment insurance appointments with representatives of Take Care Utah on Friday afternoons and Tuesday mornings. Appointments are necessary to ensure individualized attention. Each appointment will last approximately one hour. Call 435-333-1850 to schedule an appointment or visit http://www.peopleshealthclinic.org for more information.
Recommended Stories For You
Authors Event at Dolly’s: Katie Mullaly and ‘Land of AND’
Dolly’s Bookstore, 510 Main St., will host a book signing for Katie Mullaly, author of "Land of AND," on Saturday, Dec. 19, from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. Admission is free. For more information, visit http://www.landofchildrensbooks.com or http://www.dollysbookstore.com.
Park City Christmas Bird Count
The Utah Birders will present the fifth annual Park City Christmas Bird Count on Sunday, Dec. 20. The event will start with a meeting at Park City Bread and Bagel, 3126 Quarry Road at Pinebrook, at 7:45 a.m. The group will split up into several teams to cover areas from Jordanelle north to Jeremy Ranch and from Summit Park east to Rockport and Peoa. While the bird count is a free event, Utah Birders encourage anyone who participates to donate $5 to help with its conservation effort for birds in Utah.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’
- Free lecture will give the Shoshone perspective of the Bear River Massacre
- Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jodi Kantor will speak about breaking the Harvey Weinstein story and the #metoo movement
- Utah Symphony Chamber Concert features music from different eras
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Record editorial: Take a breath before Sundance, World Championships collide