Scene clips for Dec. 17-19, 2014
December 16, 2014
Chabad Lubavitch Will Light the Grand Menorah
The Chabad Lubavitch Park City will present the lighting of the Grand Menorah at the Kimball Art Center patio, 638 Heber Ave., on Thursday, Dec. 18. Admission is free. The lighting will be held at 5:30 p.m. Afterwards, the celebration will move inside where the public will enjoy dreidels, donuts, Chanukah gelt and great opportunity-drawing prizes. To obtain a free Chanukah kit or for more information, call 435-714-8590.
Park City Film Series: ‘The Starfish Throwers’
The Park City Film Series and FiReFilms will present a special screening of Jesse Roesler’s documentary "The Starfish Throwers" at the Prospector Theater, 2175 Sidewinder Dr., on Thursday, Dec. 18, at 7 p.m. Tickets are $8 for general admission and $7 for students and senior citizens. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.org .
Kamas Valley Writers Group
The Kamas Valley Writers Group will meet at the Summit County Library, Kamas Branch, 110 N. Main St., on Thursday, Dec. 18, from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. The group is free and open to amateur. Professional, published and nonpublished writers of all genres who are 18 and older. Writers are encouraged to bring a piece of writing. The group will write and discuss their experiences as well as give some constructive criticisms. For more information, call 435-615-3080.
Recommended Stories For You
Winter SOL at J GO Gallery
J GO Gallery, 408 Main St., will present Winter SOL, an exhibit that will open its winter season with new work from more than 20 of the gallery’s artists on Friday, Dec. 19, from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. J GO Gallery will also show the work of several new artists including Kelly Schurger, Adam S. Doyle and Ryoko Tajiri. For more information, visit http://www.jgogallery.com.
Santa Skis Free at Canyons
The first 50 guests who show up to Canyons on Saturday, Dec. 20, dressed in full Santa, Mrs. Claus, elf or reindeer attire will get to ski or ride for free that day. For more information, visit http://www.canyonsresort.com .
Tommy Castro at the Egyptian Theatre
The Egyptian Theatre, 328 Main St. will present blues guitarist Tommy Castro from Sunday, Dec. 21, through Tuesday, Dec. 23. The concerts will begin at 8 p.m. Castro will be joined by his band The Painkillers. Tickets range from $23 to $40 and are available by visiting http://www.parkcityshows.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Sundance Film Festival volunteer will rack up her 14th year
- National Geographic’s Steve Winter is a big cat when it comes to tigers, jaguars and cougars
- Local singer-songwriter Bill McGinnis enjoys international Access with Park City showcase
- Christopher Hawley looks forward to his annual gig at the Access Film Music Festival
- Plan for Kimball Junction re-design will be before Basin planning panel
- Marketplace: After years in the industry, restaurateur opens Hearth and Hill
- Park City wildlife carnage: After an elk collision, a roadside dismemberment
- Court report: Park City man pleads guilty to attempted obstruction of justice
- Park City wildlife collisions involve deer, mountain lion