Scene clips for Dec. 18
December 17, 2013
The Newpark Resort and Hotel Central, 1476 Newpark Blvd., will present Save Our Canyons’ Uniting the Wasatch, a free informative event aimed to engage and inform the communities surrounding the Wasatch Mountains, on Wednesday, Dec. 18. The program will include a discussion on the public processes that are being undertaken to address transportation, development, recreation and the economy that the Wasatch supports. For more information, visit saveourcanyons.org.
Farewell and Thank You for Outgoing Mayor Dana Williams
A farewell and thank you gathering for outgoing Mayor Dana Williams will be held at PC MARC, 1200 Little Kate Rd., on Wednesday, Dec. 18, from 3 p.m. until 5 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
Holidays on Main
Various holiday activities will fill Historic Main Street through Dec. 20. Strolling carolers and other performers will entertain visitors and residents alike. For more information, visit http://www.historicparkcityutah.com .
Tumbleweeds Film Series: ‘Arthur Christmas’
Recommended Stories For You
The Park City Film Series, in conjunction with the Utah Film Center will present a Tumbleweeds Film Series screening of Barry Cook and Sarah Smith’s animated feature "Arthur Christmas," on Saturday, Dec. 21, at 3 p.m. Admission is free. The film is about Santa’s son, Arthur, who tries to figure out why his father’s state-of-the-art system allowed a child to be missed on Christmas Eve. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- What to do in Park City this weekend: musicals, affordable housing and the music crawl
- Park City High School drama department exclaims ‘Mamma Mia!’
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Mind hive will be abuzz with Park City-based songwriters
- Nonprofits offer free family-friendly film screenings in Park City for Thanksgiving
- Park City Mountain ski resort still on schedule to open Nov. 21
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- Attorney for 17-year-old accused of procuring illegal drugs seeks motion to suppress evidence
- Park City Mountain’s ski patrol union negotiates with Vail Resorts for new contract
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space