Scene clips for Dec. 18
December 17, 2013
The Newpark Resort and Hotel Central, 1476 Newpark Blvd., will present Save Our Canyons’ Uniting the Wasatch, a free informative event aimed to engage and inform the communities surrounding the Wasatch Mountains, on Wednesday, Dec. 18. The program will include a discussion on the public processes that are being undertaken to address transportation, development, recreation and the economy that the Wasatch supports. For more information, visit saveourcanyons.org.
Farewell and Thank You for Outgoing Mayor Dana Williams
A farewell and thank you gathering for outgoing Mayor Dana Williams will be held at PC MARC, 1200 Little Kate Rd., on Wednesday, Dec. 18, from 3 p.m. until 5 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
Holidays on Main
Various holiday activities will fill Historic Main Street through Dec. 20. Strolling carolers and other performers will entertain visitors and residents alike. For more information, visit http://www.historicparkcityutah.com .
Tumbleweeds Film Series: ‘Arthur Christmas’
Recommended Stories For You
The Park City Film Series, in conjunction with the Utah Film Center will present a Tumbleweeds Film Series screening of Barry Cook and Sarah Smith’s animated feature "Arthur Christmas," on Saturday, Dec. 21, at 3 p.m. Admission is free. The film is about Santa’s son, Arthur, who tries to figure out why his father’s state-of-the-art system allowed a child to be missed on Christmas Eve. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’
- Free lecture will give the Shoshone perspective of the Bear River Massacre
- Utah Symphony Chamber Concert features music from different eras
- What to do in Park City this weekend: Rita Coolidge, Jodi Kantor and Steve Winter
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- Record editorial: Take a breath before Sundance, World Championships collide