Scene clips for Dec. 2
December 1, 2015
Park City Chamber Winter Kickoff
Park City Chamber/Bureau will host its annual Winter Kickoff mixer and expo at Park City Mountain’s Legacy Lodge on Thursday, Dec. 3, from 5 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. The event, which gives people a chance to socialize, network and connect with each other, is free and open to the public. There will be complimentary food and drinks and a cash bar. No RSVPs necessary. For more information, visit http://www.visitparkcity.com .
Friends of the Summit County Library Scholastic Book Sale
Friends of the Summit County Library will host the 2015 Scholastic Warehouse Book Sale at the Kimball Junction Branch, 1885 W. Ute Blvd., from Thursday, Dec. 3, through Sunday, Dec. 6. The sale will run Thursday from 1 p.m. until 8 p.m.; Friday from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m.; Saturday from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. and Sunday from noon until 5 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, visit http://www.thesummitcountylibrary.org or http://www.scholastic.com/bookfairs/events/warehouse .
Stand-up at the Egyptian Theatre
The Egyptian Theatre, 328 Main St., will present stand up comics Mick Lazinski and Mike Marvell, on Friday and Saturday, Dec. 4 and 5, at 8 p.m. Lazinski has opened for the late George Carlin and Joan Rivers and has won the Laugh Across American competition. Marvell has performed in venues including country clubs, biker bars, casinos and colleges. Tickets range from $19 to $29 and can be purchased by visiting http://www.parkcityshows.com .
Recommended Stories For You
Swaner EcoCenter Art Market Sweater Party
The Swaner EcoCenter, 1258 Center Dr. at Kimball Junction, will present its art market from Dec. 4 through Dec. 6, and Dec. 9 to 13. The Sweater Party Kickoff will be Dec. 4 from 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, visit http://www.swanerecocenter.org .
Newcomers of Greater Park City
The Newcomers of Greater Park City will host its annual holiday brunch at Park City Community Church, 4501 N. S.R. 224, on Wednesday, Dec. 9, from 10 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. A variety of breakfast treats will be served and entertainment will be provided by the Park City Treble Makers, an all-female a cappella choir. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitynewcomers.org .
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- What to do this weekend in Park City: Shawn Colvin, Gallery stroll and Oscar-nominated Shorts
- Shawn Colvin celebrates 30 years of ‘Steady On’ in Park City this weekend
- Three oil painters featured at Montgomery-Lee at Last Friday Gallery Stroll
- Temple Har Shalom Scholar-in-Residence to discuss Islam and democracy
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Park City police told of mountain lions in neighborhoods
- January and February storms help boost Utah’s snowpack