Scene clips for Dec. 27
December 26, 2014
Silver Queen Ball
The fourth annual Silver Queen Ball, a gala fundraiser for The Park City Museum, will be held on Dec. 27 at Stein Eriksen Lodge, 7700 Stein Way, at 6 p.m. The evening will feature a live auction, dinner and music performed by The Orchestra, comprised of former members of the Electric Light Orchestra. Tickets are $300 per person and are available now by visiting http://www.parkcityhistory.org.
Annual New Year’s Fire of Intention ~ Yoga, Live Music and Fire Ceremony
The Shop Yoga Studio, 1167 Woodside Ave., will present the 6th annual New Year’s Fire of Intention featuring Tiffany Wood and Leraine Horstmanshoff for yoga and live music, followed by a beautiful fire ceremony on Monday, Dec. 29, starting at 5:30 p.m. Partcipants should bring a small burnable offering for the fire and a collection of intentions for the new year. For more information, visit tiffanywoodyoga.com/workshop-overview.
Cirque Mechanics’ ‘Pedal Punk’
The Park City Institute will present Cirque Mechanics’ "Pedal Punk" at the Eccles Center for the Performing Arts, 1750 Kearns Blvd., on Tuesday, Dec. 30, at 7:30 p.m. The performance combines traditional circus elements — acrobatics, aerialists, juggling, contortionists, dancing and clowning — with a story on spoked wheels. Tickets range from $20 to $69 and are available by calling 435-655-3114 or by visiting http://www.ecclescenter.org .
Recommended Stories For You
Deer Valley Torchlight Parade
Deer Valley will present its annual torchlight parade on Tuesday, Dec. 30, at approximately 6 p.m. at the Snow Park Lodge. The parade will feature the Deer Valley Ski School. Hot cider and cookies will be available from 5:45 p.m. until 6 p.m. The event is free. For more information, visit http://www.deervalley.com.
Jane Lynch at the Eccles Center
Comedian, actress and singer Jane Lynch will perform at the Eccles Center for the Performing Arts, 1750 Kearns Blvd., on Wednesday, Dec. 31, at 7:30 p.m. The Park City Institute will present the performance. Tickets range from $40 to $165 and are available by visiting http://www.ecclescenter.org .
Trending In: Entertainment
- What to do in Park City this weekend: musicals, affordable housing and the music crawl
- Park City High School drama department exclaims ‘Mamma Mia!’
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Mind hive will be abuzz with Park City-based songwriters
- Nonprofits offer free family-friendly film screenings in Park City for Thanksgiving
- Park City Mountain ski resort still on schedule to open Nov. 21
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- Attorney for 17-year-old accused of procuring illegal drugs seeks motion to suppress evidence
- Park City Mountain’s ski patrol union negotiates with Vail Resorts for new contract
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space