Scene clips for Dec. 27
December 26, 2014
Silver Queen Ball
The fourth annual Silver Queen Ball, a gala fundraiser for The Park City Museum, will be held on Dec. 27 at Stein Eriksen Lodge, 7700 Stein Way, at 6 p.m. The evening will feature a live auction, dinner and music performed by The Orchestra, comprised of former members of the Electric Light Orchestra. Tickets are $300 per person and are available now by visiting http://www.parkcityhistory.org.
Annual New Year’s Fire of Intention ~ Yoga, Live Music and Fire Ceremony
The Shop Yoga Studio, 1167 Woodside Ave., will present the 6th annual New Year’s Fire of Intention featuring Tiffany Wood and Leraine Horstmanshoff for yoga and live music, followed by a beautiful fire ceremony on Monday, Dec. 29, starting at 5:30 p.m. Partcipants should bring a small burnable offering for the fire and a collection of intentions for the new year. For more information, visit tiffanywoodyoga.com/workshop-overview.
Cirque Mechanics’ ‘Pedal Punk’
The Park City Institute will present Cirque Mechanics’ "Pedal Punk" at the Eccles Center for the Performing Arts, 1750 Kearns Blvd., on Tuesday, Dec. 30, at 7:30 p.m. The performance combines traditional circus elements — acrobatics, aerialists, juggling, contortionists, dancing and clowning — with a story on spoked wheels. Tickets range from $20 to $69 and are available by calling 435-655-3114 or by visiting http://www.ecclescenter.org .
Recommended Stories For You
Deer Valley Torchlight Parade
Deer Valley will present its annual torchlight parade on Tuesday, Dec. 30, at approximately 6 p.m. at the Snow Park Lodge. The parade will feature the Deer Valley Ski School. Hot cider and cookies will be available from 5:45 p.m. until 6 p.m. The event is free. For more information, visit http://www.deervalley.com.
Jane Lynch at the Eccles Center
Comedian, actress and singer Jane Lynch will perform at the Eccles Center for the Performing Arts, 1750 Kearns Blvd., on Wednesday, Dec. 31, at 7:30 p.m. The Park City Institute will present the performance. Tickets range from $40 to $165 and are available by visiting http://www.ecclescenter.org .
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’
- Free lecture will give the Shoshone perspective of the Bear River Massacre
- Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jodi Kantor will speak about breaking the Harvey Weinstein story and the #metoo movement
- What to do in Park City this weekend: Rita Coolidge, Jodi Kantor and Steve Winter
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Record editorial: Take a breath before Sundance, World Championships collide