Scene clips for Dec. 28
December 27, 2013
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy will bring its big-band swing to the Eccles Center for the Performing Arts, 1750 Kearns Blvd., on Saturday, Dec. 28, at 7:30 p.m. The concert is presented by the Park City Institute. Tickets range from $20 to $69 and are available by calling 435-655-3114 or visiting http://www.ecclescenter.org.
Tea & Strumpets Book Club at Dolly’s Bookstore
Dolly’s Bookstore, 510 Main St., will host the Tea & Strumpets Book Club on Sunday, Dec. 29, at 7 p.m. The books discussed will be Jane Austen’s "Pride & Prejudice" as well as Shannon Hale’s "Austenland." For more information, visit dollysteaandstrumpets.tumblr.com and dollysbookstore.com/bookclub.
Park City Library Closed
The Park City Library will be closed New Year’s Day, Jan. 1. For more information, visit parkcitylibrary.org.
Summit County Library Closed
Recommended Stories For You
All Summitt County Libraries will be closed New Year’s Day. They will reopen on Thursday, Jan. 2. For more information, visit www1.youseemore.com/SummitCounty/calendar.asp?cal=35.
Park City Newcomers Club
Park City Newcomers Club will host its monthly meeting at Park City Community Church, 4501 N. S.R. 224, on Wednesday, Jan. 8, from 10 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. Marion Klaus Vice, chair of the Utah Chapter of the Sierra Club, will be the speaker. Lunch will follow at Sammy’s Bistro, 1890 Bonanza Dr. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitynewcomers.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- National Geographic’s Steve Winter is a big cat when it comes to tigers, jaguars and cougars
- Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jodi Kantor will speak about breaking the Harvey Weinstein story and the #metoo movement
- What to do in Park City this weekend: Rita Coolidge, Jodi Kantor and Steve Winter
- Access Film Music Festival celebrates 16 years of helping independent musicians get to the next level
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Park City police told of issues with Uber, taxi and shuttle drivers
- For the Record: What’s in your Sundance survival guide?
- Park City wildlife carnage: After an elk collision, a roadside dismemberment
- New proposal submitted for housing project in Brown’s Canyon