Scene clips for Dec. 4
December 3, 2013
The Christian Center of Park City, in partnership with the Harvard Divinity School, will present judge and human rights lawyer Hauwa Ibrahim who will speak t the Egyptian Theatre, 328 Main St., on Wednesday, Dec. 4, at 6 p.m. Admission is free or a suggested donation of $15. For more information, visit http://www.ccofpc.org or call 435-649-2260.
Christian Science Wednesdays
Christian Science Church will present evenings of inner peace, forgiveness and joy this holiday season on Wednesday evenings at the Park Hotel, 605 Main St., from 7 p.m. until 8 p.m. You will hear inspiring readings from the Bible and Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures. In December, the themed weekly topics are about Spiritual Gifts. All events are free and open to the public. For more information, http://www.christianscienceparkcity.com under events.
Community Forum at Park City High School District Office
Park City School District superintendent Ember Conley invites community members to the Park City District Office, 2700 Kearns Blvd., on Thursday, Dec. 5, from 9 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. to continue the discussion regarding comprehensive needs assessment to maximize student learning for Park City School District. For more information, contact the school district by calling 435-645-5600.
Holiday Gift Sale at Summit County Fairgrounds A holiday gift sale will be held at the Summit County Fairgrounds in Coalville on Friday, Dec. 6, from 11 a.m. until 8 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Annual Hanukkah Celebration at Temple Har Shalom
Temple Har Shalom, 3700 Creekside Ct., will host its annual Hanukkah celebration on Satuday, Dec. 7, from 5:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. The event will feature food, games and some surprises. The public is welcome, but reservations mandatory. Call Tenple Har Shalom at 436-649-2276. For more information, visit http://www.templeharshalom.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’
- Free lecture will give the Shoshone perspective of the Bear River Massacre
- Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jodi Kantor will speak about breaking the Harvey Weinstein story and the #metoo movement
- What to do in Park City this weekend: Rita Coolidge, Jodi Kantor and Steve Winter
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Record editorial: Take a breath before Sundance, World Championships collide