Scene clips for Dec. 6-9, 2014
December 5, 2014
Deer Valley Opens
Deer Valley will start its winter season on Saturday, Dec. 6. Visit http://www.deervalley.com or call 435-649-1000 for more information.
Holiday Public Open House at the Swaner EcoCenter
The Swaner EcoCenter, 1258 Center Dr. at Kimball Junction, will host a holiday open house on Sunday, Dec. 7, from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. The event will feature holiday shopping and eco-friendly kids crafts. The EcoCenter will also collect new pairs of women’s socks that will be donated to Peace House Dec. 31. For more information, visit http://www.swanerecocenter.org .
Park City Holiday Party at Park City Ice Arena
Santa Claus will be at the Park City Ice Arena, 600 Gilmore Way at Quinn’s Junction, on Tuesday, Dec. 9, from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. The event will feature elves, open skating, face painting, ornaments, cookies and hot chocolate. Admission is free. For more information, call 435-615-5819.
Recommended Stories For You
Holiday Art Market at the Swaner EcoCenter
The Swaner EcoCenter, 1258 Center Dr. at Kimball Junction, will host a holiday art market through Saturday, Dec. 13. Times vary. The market will feature items created by local and regional artists. For more information, visit http://www.swanerecocenter.org .
Newcomers of Greater Park City Holiday Party
The Newcomers of Greater Park City will host its annual holiday party at the Snow Park Lodge at Deer Valley on Saturday, Dec. 13, beginning at 6:30 p.m. Appetizers and cocktails will be served until 7:30 p.m. Dinner, featuring salmon and rib eye steak, will start at 7:30 p.m. And dancing to Park City’s Motherlode Canyon Band will also be a part of the evening. Tickets are $70 per person. Checks can be made out to Newcomers of Greater Park City and mailed to Sharon Mardula, 5759 Mountain Ranch Dr., Park City, Utah, 84098. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- What to do in Park City this weekend: musicals, affordable housing and the music crawl
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City High School drama department exclaims ‘Mamma Mia!’
- Mind hive will be abuzz with Park City-based songwriters
- Nonprofits offer free family-friendly film screenings in Park City for Thanksgiving
- Park City Mountain ski resort still on schedule to open Nov. 21
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- Attorney for 17-year-old accused of procuring illegal drugs seeks motion to suppress evidence
- Park City Mountain’s ski patrol union negotiates with Vail Resorts for new contract
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space