Scene clips for Dec. 7
December 7, 2013
The Kimball Art Center, 638 Main St., will offer complimentary guided tours of the Main Gallery on Saturdays, Dec. 7, 14 and 21, from 2:30 p.m. until 3 p.m. Participants will hear anecdotes about the individual pieces in the "PC Collect" exhibit and find out why people start private art collections, guests of all ages are invited to learn more about the thriving art scene in Park City. For more information, visit http://www.kimballartcenter.org.
Park City Newcomers Meeting and Holiday Party
The Park City Newcomers Club will meet at Park City Community Church, 4501 S.R. 224, on Wednesday, Dec. 11, at 10 a.m. This meeting is the club’s Holiday Brunch Coffee with musical guest the Park City Treble Makers. On Saturday, Dec. 14, the Newcomers Club will host its annual holiday party at the Grand Summit Hotel at Canyons Resort from 6:30 p.m. until 11:30 p.m. RSVP to Anne Frank by calling 214-714-3939 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information, visit http://www.parkcitynewcomers.org .
Santa Claus at the Park City Ice Arena
The Park City Ice Arena, 600 Gillmor Way at Quinn’s Junction, will host a holiday party with Santa Claus, on Wednesday, Dec. 11, beginning at 5 p.m. The event, which is free and open to the public, will include face painting, music by the Jeremy Ranch Fifth Grade Choir, the Treble Makers and arts and crafts. There will also be an open skate from 5:45 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. For more information, call Denise at 435-615-5819.
Park City High School and Treasure Mountain Junior High Concerts
Recommended Stories For You
Park City High School and Treasure Mountain Junior High music departments will present a series of concerts on Wednesday, Dec. 11, and Thursday, Dec. 12, from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. Performances will be held at Park City High School, 1750 Kearns Blvd., on the Eccles Center stage, in the Black Box, the band room, the lobby and music hall. Admission is free.
Peace House Benefit at Riffs
Riffs Acoustic Music, 1205 Iron Horse Dr., will present a benefit concerts with the Riff Raff Band on Wednesday, Dec. 11, at 7 p.m. The concert is a fundraiser for the Peace House, a nonprofit organization dedicated to end domestic violence in Summit and Wasatch Counties. The Riff Raff Band is comprised of Riffs Acoustic Music teachers. Light refreshments will be served. Call 435-649-1940 to reserve a seat. For more information, visit wwwriffspc.com and http://www.peacehouse.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- National Geographic’s Steve Winter is a big cat when it comes to tigers, jaguars and cougars
- Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jodi Kantor will speak about breaking the Harvey Weinstein story and the #metoo movement
- What to do in Park City this weekend: Rita Coolidge, Jodi Kantor and Steve Winter
- Access Film Music Festival celebrates 16 years of helping independent musicians get to the next level
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Park City police told of issues with Uber, taxi and shuttle drivers
- For the Record: What’s in your Sundance survival guide?
- Park City wildlife carnage: After an elk collision, a roadside dismemberment
- New proposal submitted for housing project in Brown’s Canyon