Scene clips for Feb. 13
February 12, 2013
Recycle Utah will present a screening of Grant Baldwin’s 2010 documentary "The Clean Bin Project" at the Jim Santy Auditorium in the Park City Library and Education Center, 1255 Park Ave., on Wednesday, Feb. 13, at 7 p.m. Admission is a suggested $5 donation. All proceeds will support Recycle Utah. The film is about a couple who wants to live waste free for a year. For more information, call (435) 649-9698 or visit http://www.recycleutah.org .
Shabbat Service at Temple Har Shalom
Temple Har Shalom, 3700 Brookside Ct., will hold Shabbat services every Friday through Feb. 22, 6:30 p.m.. Shabbat is the Jewish day of rest where the congregation will remember the traditional creation of the heavens and Earth. Rabbi Joshua Aaronson will officiate. For more information, visit http://www.templeharshalom.com.
Weekend Wine Series
The Fox School of Wine will hold weekend wine series sessions, known as "educational happy hours," every Friday and Saturday at the Silver Baron Lodge, 2880 Deer Valley Dr., from 6 p.m. until 7 p.m. Participants will taste and learn about five wines that have been chosen for the weekend theme. Cost is $25 per person. Reservations are required and all who participate must be age 21 and older. To RSVP, call Kirsten Fox at (435) 655-9463.
Park City Culinary Institute Registration
Recommended Stories For You
The Park City Culinary Institute is registering for its upcoming programs. The first classes, which will run from Feb. 23 through Feb. 28, will be a series of pastry workshops with nationally renowned cake decorator Toba Garrett at the Treature Mountain Inn, 255 Main St. In March, Hanamaru restaurant owner Chef Roy Yamamoto, who attended the Tsuji Culinary Institute in Osaka, Japan, will demonstrate Japanese techniques that will be followed by dinner at Temple Har Shalom. For more information, visit http://www.pcculinary.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Park City High School drama department exclaims ‘Mamma Mia!’
- Irish pub inspired Alicia Stockman’s new single, ‘The Porter House’
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- What to do in Park City this weekend: musicals, affordable housing and the music crawl
- Utah Film Center will screen former Park City resident’s film ‘Campesino’
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- UPDATED: One suspect who led a foot pursuit in Bear Hollow Village arrested