Scene clips for Feb. 19
February 19, 2014
The Kimball Art Center will present the first annual Winter Art Salon at the Stein Eriksen Lodge, 7700 Stein Way, from Friday, Feb. 21, to Sunday, Feb. 23. Friday and Saturday hours will be from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. and Sunday from 8 a.m. until noon. Admission is free. For more information, visit http://www.kimballartcenter.org.
Park City Film Series: ‘Instructions Not Included’
The Park City Film Series will present Eugenio Derbez’s "Instructions Not Included," rated PG-13, at the Jim Santy Auditorium at the Park City Library and Education Center, 1255 Park Ave., from Friday, Feb. 21, through Sunday, Feb. 23. Friday and Saturday’s screenings will begin at 8 p.m. and Sunday’s will begin at 6 p.m. The film is about Acapulco’s resident playboy, Valentin, whose former fling leaves a baby on his doorstep. When Valentin heads to Los Angeles to find the baby’s mother, he establishes a new life for himself and the child. Tickets are $7 for general admission and $6 for students and senior citizens. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.org.
Boz Scaggs at the Eccles Center
Grammy Award-winning Boz Scaggs will perform at the Eccles Center for the Performing Arts, 1750 Kearns Blvd., on Saturday, Feb. 22, at 7:30 p.m. A former member of Steve Miller Band, the singer-songwriter ventured out on his own in the ’70s, earning a reputation as a bluesy rocker who does justice to American classics. This iconic musician captivates his audiences with style and grace and some fresh sounds off his newly released album, "Memphis." Tickets start at $20. For more information, call 435-655-3114 or visit http://www.ecclescenter.org .
Trending In: Entertainment
- For these Park City photographers, taking the shot is only half the story
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City’s 2018 Autumn Aloft creates wonder for viewers and pilots alike
- Erika L. Sánchez, author of ‘I’m Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter,’ set for Park City appearance
- Teresa Collins hosting Park City crafting event to “help create stories”
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County