Scene clips for Feb. 21
February 20, 2015
Park City Film Series Celebration of Film Fundraiser
The Park City Film Series will host the Celebration of Film fundraiser at the Kimball Art Center, 638 Park Ave., on Saturday, Feb. 21, from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. The evening will include short-film screenings, opportunity drawings, film trivia and catered food and drinks. Tickets are $75 and can be purchased online by visiting http://www.parkcityfilmseries.com/tickets.html .
Spring Concert at Canyons: Cure for the Common
Mountain Town Music will present the Spring Concert Series at Canyons beginning with Cure for the Common at the village stage on Saturday, Feb. 21, at 3 p.m. The concert is free and open to the public. For more information, visit http://www.mountaintownmusic.org.
Park City Institute Presents Lucia Micarelli
The Park City Institute will present violinist Lucia Micarelli at the Eccles Center for the Performing Arts, 1750 Kearns Blvd., on Saturday, Feb. 21, at 7:30 p.m. Micarelli first picked up a bow at age 3. At 5, she performed as a soloist for the Honolulu Symphony Orchestra. She attended Julliard and, while studying with Pinchas Zukerman, began hitting jazz clubs and jamming with rock bands. She’s toured with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Josh Groban and Jethro Tull. The 31-year-old also made her acting debut when she landed a gig as "the woman who makes HBO’s Treme worth watching," per Esquire. Tickets range from $20 to $69 and are available by visiting http://www.ecclescenter.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Mountain Accord Public Forum and Open House
Mountain Accord host a public forum and open house on Feb. 24, in the Park City High School lecture hall, 1750 Kearns Blvd. The forum will discuss Mountain Accord’s proposed blueprint for the future of transportation, recreation, environment and economy in the central Wasatch Mountains. The evening will start with a Q & A from 6 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. and an open house will be held from 7:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. To learn more and provide input, visit http://www.mountainaccord.com .
Happy Healthy Human Beings Brain Health
Happy Healthy Human Beings will host a brain health session on Tuesday, Feb. 24, from 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. at the Prospector Conference Center, 2174 Sidewinder Dr. The event will feature a panel discussion about neurological health, optimizing brain functioning, enhancing neuro pathways, treating concussions and understanding the brain and body connection. Panelists will include Dr. Jared Neilson of the Neilson Clinic, Patricia Damon from Zante Spa, Melinda Roalstad of ThinkHeadFirst and Scott Kelly from Rebound. The cost is free to Happy Healthy Human Being provider members and $15 for the public and non-member professionals. For more information, visit http://www.h3be.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- What to do in Park City this weekend: musicals, affordable housing and the music crawl
- Park City High School drama department exclaims ‘Mamma Mia!’
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Irish pub inspired Alicia Stockman’s new single, ‘The Porter House’
- Park City can pay a call on ‘The Addams Family’ at Egyptian Theatre
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows
- Attorney for 17-year-old accused of procuring illegal drugs seeks motion to suppress evidence