Scene clips for Feb. 23
February 22, 2013
Artist deadlines for the 44th Annual Park City Kimball Arts Festival that will be held Aug. 2 through Aug. 4, is Friday, March 1. Artists from every discipline are encouraged to apply by visiting http://www.zapplication.org . A $40 application fee is required. Each year, 220 jury-selected artist in 12 media categories are accepted into the arts festival. The festival has attracted more than 55,000 attendees and is still growing. For more information, visit http://www.kimballartcenter.org .
New Hours for the Christian Center of Park City Food Pantry
The Christian Center of Park City has changed its food pantry hours to 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays. The pantry welcomes any food donations dropped off between those times. For more information, visit http://www.ccofpc.org.
Artist Adam Thomas Rees at Terzian Galleries
Terzian Galleries, 309 Main St., will host sculptor Adam Thomas Rees as he give a demonstration on Saturday, Feb. 23, from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. Rees creates sculptures based on an ancient Roman technique used in glass blowing called millefiori. The bodies of the animals are modeled after their true forms but the skins are a collage of images that capture the animals character, strength and power. For more information, visit www. TerzianGalleries.com.
Park City FitCamp Snowshoe Hike
Recommended Stories For You
Park City Nutrition Center will host a FitCamp snowshoe hike on Sunday, Feb. 24, beginning at 2:15 p.m. The group will meet at Park City Nutrition Center, 1787 Sidewinder Dr. third floor, and then head out to Lost Prospector for a the hike. A happy hour will follow the hike from 4:15 p.m. until 5 p.m. For more information, visit http://www.facebook.com/pages/PCNC-Park-Citys-Nutritional-Center/148462508602743
‘Paint the Town Red, White & Blue’ Fundraiser
The Paint Mixer, 738 Main St., will host the "Paint the Town Red, White & Blue" fundraiser for the Fisher House in Salt Lake City on Tuesday, Feb. 26, from 5:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. The Fisher House is a complimentary temporary housing facility in SLC for families of military personnel being treated at the VA Medical Center. The fundraiser is open to the public and admission is $45. The cost will cover painting materials, instruction, refreshments and donations to the Fisher House. Those who paint will have the option to donate the paintings to the organization. There will also be door prizes handed out. For more information or to register, call (435) 604-0820 or visit http://www.thepaintmixer.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- What to do this weekend in Park City: Fall activities begin with Scarecrow Festival
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City Museum cemetery tours will bring town’s historical figures to life
- Scarecrow Festival ushers in the Halloween season
- The Wallflowers’ Jakob Dylan still searching for the perfect song
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Summit County inundated with complaints about Kilby Road construction (w/video)
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Guest editorial: Frustration about rising taxes in Park City is building
- Attendance at Park City Red Bull 400 climbs in 2018 (w/video)