Scene clips for Feb. 25-27
February 24, 2015
Park City Museum Spring Volunteer Orientation
The Park City Museum, 528 Main St., will host a spring volunteer orientation on Wednesday, Feb. 25, from 3 p.m. until 5 p.m. Attendees will learn about the many opportunities to help preserve, protect, and promote Park City’s history. For more information: email email@example.com or visit http://www.parkcityhistory.org. This event is free and open to the public.
Dancers with a Purpose Benefit Concert for Haiti
Dance Tech Studios’ Dancers with a Purpose will present a benefit concert for Foundations of Home at the Ecker Hill Middle School auditorium, 2465 Kilby Road, on Thursday, Feb. 26, at 6:30 p.m. Admission is $10 at the door. For more information, visit http://www.dancetechworld.com . For more information about Foundations of Home, visit http://www.foundationsofhome.org.
Young Adult Authors at the Summit County Library
Nationally recognized Young Adult authors J.R. Johansson, Natalie Whipple and Courtney Alameda are all coming for a "Scream Queens" author event at the Summit
Recommended Stories For You
County Library Kimball Junction Branch on Thursday, Feb. 26, at 7 p.m. The writers will talk about their careers and do a book signing afterwards. Books, which will be provided by Dolly’s Bookstore, will be available for purchase. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, visit http://www.thesummitcountylibrary.org .
Park City Film Series: ‘Dior and I’
The Park City Film Series will host a special screening of Frederic Tcheng’s documentary, "Dior and I," not rated, at the Prospector Theater, 2175 Sidewinder Dr., on Thursday, Feb. 26, at 7 p.m. "Dior and I" brings the viewer inside the storied world of the Christian Dior fashion house with a privileged, behind-the-scenes look at the creation of Raf Simons’ first haute couture collection as its new artistic director — a true labor of love created by a dedicated group of collaborators. Tickets are $8 for general admission and $7 for senior citizens and students. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.org .
‘Subtext’ at J GO Gallery
J GO Gallery, 408 Main St., will host an opening reception for J GO co-owner Curtis Olson and Jay Kelly’s exhibit "Subtext" on Friday, Feb. 27, from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. The exhibit will run through March 25. The reception is free and open to the public. For more information, visit http://www.jgogallery.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- What to do this weekend in Park City: Fall activities begin with Scarecrow Festival
- For these Park City photographers, taking the shot is only half the story
- Erika L. Sánchez, author of ‘I’m Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter,’ set for Park City appearance
- Park City’s 2018 Autumn Aloft creates wonder for viewers and pilots alike
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Summit County inundated with complaints about Kilby Road construction (w/video)
- Punctured gas line in Park City prompts evacuations
- Attendance at Park City Red Bull 400 climbs in 2018 (w/video)