Scene clips for Feb. 27
February 26, 2013
Mountain Town Olive Oil Company, 613 Main St., will host a winter soups cooking demo on Wednesday, Feb. 27, from 6:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. The event will focuse on uses of olive oils, herbs and spices. Cost is $20 per person and participants will receive a sampler set of the products. RSVP is required. Visit http://www.mountaintownoliveoil.com/events/ to RSVP.
‘Stetson the Street Dog of Park City’ Screening
The Park City Library will host a free screening of the family film "Stetson the Street Dog of Park City" on Thursday, Feb. 28, from 4:30 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. in the Jim Santy Auditorium, 1255 Park Ave. Jeannie Heil, author of the book that spawned the movie, will be in attendance as will Stetson, the dog. For more information call (435) 615-5600 or visit http://parkcitylibrary.org/
SkiLink Public Forum at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church
St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 4595 N. Silver Springs Dr., will host a SkiLink public forum on Thursday, Feb. 28, from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. as part of the Project for Deeper Understanding. The public is invited to attend the discussion followed that will be followed by a question-and-answer session regarding the proposed gondola connecting Canyons and Solitude Resorts. Panelists will be Mike Goar from Canyons, David Deseelhorst from Solitude, Carl Fisher from Save Our Canyons, Laura Briefer of the Salt Lake County Mayor’s Office. The moderator will be Leslie Thatcher. For more information, contact Charles at (435) 901-2131
‘Evening 4 Peace’ at Riffs
Recommended Stories For You
Riffs Acoustic Music, 1205 Iron Horse Dr., will present "Evening 4 Peace," featuring Rich Wyman and Lisa Needham on Friday, March 1. Admission is a suggested donation of $30. All proceeds will benefit the Peace House, a nonprofit organization that provides a safe haven for victims of domestic violence. For more information, visit http://www.riffspc.com.
New Hours for the Christian Center of Park City Food Pantry
The Christian Center of Park City has changed its food pantry hours to 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays. The pantry welcomes any food donations dropped off between those times. For more information, visit http://www.ccofpc.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- For these Park City photographers, taking the shot is only half the story
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City’s 2018 Autumn Aloft creates wonder for viewers and pilots alike
- Erika L. Sánchez, author of ‘I’m Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter,’ set for Park City appearance
- Mitch Davis’ ‘The Stray’ brings filmmaker’s family together
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork