Scene clips for Feb. 27
February 27, 2016
Spelling Bee action returns to the Egyptian on Tuesday
The public is invited to attend the 10th Annual Park Record Spelling Bee at the Egyptian Theatre on Tuesday, March 1. Second and third graders will compete beginning at 4 p.m. The spell off for students in grades 4 through 8 who won their individual school qualifiers begins at 6 p.m. The winner will go on to compete in the Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington, D.C. in May.
Park City Ice Arena 10th Anniversary
The Park City Ice Arena, 600 Gillmor Way at Quinn’s Junction, will celebrate its 10th anniversary on Saturday, Feb. 27. The celebration will run from 6:30 p.m. until 9 p.m. and will include a family open skate for $10 and live music by the Motherlode Canyon Band. For more information, contact Matt Genther by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 435-615-5703.
Photoshoot Fundraiser to Help Bella Run Again
Photographer Eric Sullano will host a fundraiser called My Owner and Me Photoshoot Fundraiser to Help Bella Run Again at Hugo Coffee, 1794 Olympic Way at Kimball Junction on Saturday, Feb. 27, from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. The goal is to raise $1,500 for Sullano’s dog Bella, who needs surgery and physical therapy after destroying her ligaments earlier this winter. Visit http://bit.ly/runbellarun for more information and to sign up for a spot.
Recommended Stories For You
PC TOTS Open House
PC TOTS, 1850 Sidewinder Dr., Ste. 410, will host an open house on Saturday, Feb. 27, from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m. PC TOTS is a nonprofit dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable and safe childcare for working families. For more information, visit http://www.pctots.org .
Park City Follies Tickets Are On Sale
Tickets for the Park City Follies, a locally based comedy presented at the Egyptian Theatre that makes fun of all things Park City, are on sale now. Tickets range from $29 to $45 and can be purchased by visiting http://www.parkcityshows.com. The Park City Follies is a long-running tradition and this year’s performances will run for two weekends starting Friday, April 22. Proceeds will benefit the Egyptian Theatre. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityshows.com.
Park City Film Series: ‘Straight Outta Compton’
The Park City Film Series will present a free screening of F. Gary Gray’s N.W.A biopic "Straight Outta Compton," rated R, on Sunday, Feb. 28 at 6 p.m. The screening wraps up the Park City Film Series’ Oscar weekend. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.com .
Trending In: Entertainment
- For these Park City photographers, taking the shot is only half the story
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City’s 2018 Autumn Aloft creates wonder for viewers and pilots alike
- Erika L. Sánchez, author of ‘I’m Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter,’ set for Park City appearance
- Teresa Collins hosting Park City crafting event to “help create stories”
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits