Scene clips for Feb. 3
February 3, 2016
FIS Freestyle Ski World Cup Main Street Celebration
The FIS Freestyle Ski World Cup Main Street Celebration will feature Dawes on Lower Main Street from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 3. Admission is free. For more information, visit http://www.deervalley.com .
Park Institute Welcomes Dr. Christopher Clark
Park City Institute presents Dr. Christopher Clark on Friday, Feb. 5, as part of the 2015-2016 Park City Institute / Strategic News Service "Future in Review" Speaker Series in the Eccles Center Black Box Theater, 1750 Kearns Blvd., at 7:30 p.m. Clark is the Imogene Johnson Senior Scientist at Cornell University and Chief Marine Scientist, Planet OS. All tickets for this series are general admission and cost $25. Tickets and information are available by calling the box office, 435-655-3114 or visiting Ecclescenter.org .
Park City Film Series Books 2 Movies: ‘The Boxtrolls’
The Park City Film Series Books 2 Movies program will present a free screening of Graham Annable and Anthony Stacchi’s "The Boxtrolls," rated PG, at the Summit County Library Coalville Branch on Thursday, Feb. 4, at 3 p.m. The film will also be screened at the the Jim Santy Auditorium of the Park City Library, 1255 Park Ave., and the Summit County Library Kimball Junction Branch, 1885 Ute Blvd., on Saturday, Feb. 6, at 3 p.m. Based on Alan Snow’s novel "Here Be Monsters," the film is about a young orphaned boy raised by underground cave-dwelling trash collectors who tries to save his friends from an evil exterminator, the town’s villain, Archibald Snatcher. When Snatcher comes up with a plot to get rid of the Boxtrolls, Eggs decides to venture above ground and "into the light," where he meets and teams up with fabulously feisty Winnie. Together, they devise a daring plan to save the Boxtrolls family. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Newcomers of Greater Park City Coffee
Newcomers of Greater Park City will host its monthly coffee at Park City Community Church, 4501 N. S.R. 224, on Wednesday, Feb. 10, at 10 a.m.
The speakers will be Dee Hill-Mey, PhD, Manager LiVe Well Center and Heather Darling, Nurse Practioner LiVe Well Center, both from Park City Medical Center. The topic will be lifestyle medicine and how behaviors impact health and wellbeing. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitynewcomers.org .
Trending In: Entertainment
- For these Park City photographers, taking the shot is only half the story
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City’s 2018 Autumn Aloft creates wonder for viewers and pilots alike
- Erika L. Sánchez, author of ‘I’m Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter,’ set for Park City appearance
- Teresa Collins hosting Park City crafting event to “help create stories”
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits