Scene clips for Feb. 8
February 8, 2014
The Park City Institute will present Jon Batiste & Stay Human at the Eccles Center for the Performing Arts, 1750 Kearns Blvd., on Saturday, Feb. 8, at 7:30 p.m. Batiste and his New York City-based band of Julliard contemporaries dish out a steamy concoction of everything from ragtime to funk. Tickets range from $20 to $69. For more information or to buy tickets, visit http://www.ecclescenter.org .
Yappy Hour at McMillen Fine Art Photography
Friends of Animals Utah and McMillen Fine Art Photography will host a Yappy Hour on Saturday, Feb. 8, at the McMillen gallery, 1678 W. Redstone Center Dr #120, on Saturday, Feb. 8, from 6:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. The event will celebrate wine pairings to benefit Friends of Animals Utah. The night will feature fine food, live music and fun as FOAU pairs its most adoptable canines with some of the absolute best "dog-gone wines," that will be hand-selected wines will be chosen by Kirsten Fox of the Fox School of Wines. In addition, Jared and Trish McMillen will unveil new works, "Pioneer Horses." Money from tickets and the sales of the fine art photography will benefit FOAU. For more information, visit http://www.mcmillenfineart.com/YAPPY-HOUR.
Park City Toastmasters International Speech Contest
Park City Toastmasters will host the local international speech contest on Tuesday, Feb. 11, at 7 a.m. in the Sheldon Richins Building, 6505 N. Landmark Dr., at Kimball Junction. Everyone is welcome to come and enjoy the talent and creativity of our local Toastmasters members as they compete to move on to the Area contest later in the spring. Competitors will share stimulating, humorous and sometimes emotional experiences. For more information, visit http://www.facebook.com/PCToastmasters .
Sierra Club Speaker: Teri Underwood
Recommended Stories For You
The Utah Chapter of the Sierra Club, Wasatch Back Network, will meet Tuesday, Feb. 11, at the Sheldon Richins Bldg, 1885 Ute Blvd., at 6:30 p.m. The featured speaker will be nutritionist Teri Underwood, who will discuss the connection between a healthy environment, agriculture and nutrition. The event is open to the public. For more information, visit utah.sierraclub.org and sustainablediets.com .
Newcomers of Greater Park City Coffee
The Newcomers Club of Greater Park City will host a coffee at Park City Community Church, 4501 N. S.R. 224, on Wednesday, Feb. 12, from 10 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. The speaker will be Lisa Alison, executive director of Friends of Animals Utah. She may also bring a furry guest herself. Lunch will follow at Local Lizard at Kimball Junction. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitynewcomers.org .
Trending In: Entertainment
- For these Park City photographers, taking the shot is only half the story
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City’s 2018 Autumn Aloft creates wonder for viewers and pilots alike
- Teresa Collins hosting Park City crafting event to “help create stories”
- Erika L. Sánchez, author of ‘I’m Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter,’ set for Park City appearance
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County
- For the Record: Do you agree with the Park City Board of Education’s decision?