Scene clips for Jan. 13
January 12, 2016
Newcomers of Greater Park City Coffee
Newcomers of Greater Park City will host its monthly coffee at Park City Community Church, 4501 N. S.R. 224, on Wednesday, Jan. 13, at 10 a.m.
The speakers will be Park City Mayor, Jack Thomas and Assistant City Manager Matt Dias, who will discuss Park City’s future challenges. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitynewcomers.org .
Park City Film Series Reel Community Series: ‘Code: Debugging the Gender Gap’
The Park City Film Series Reel Community Series, along with the Park City School District and the Park City Educational Foundation, will present a free screening of Robin Hauser Reynolds’ "Code: Debugging the Gender Gap," at the Jim Santy Auditorium of the Park City Library, 1255 Park Ave., on Thursday, Jan. 14. The film starts at 6:30 p.m. A post-screening panel will be held that evening. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.com .
Maura Allen ‘Aperture: West’ Opening at Gallery MAR
Recommended Stories For You
Gallery MAR, 436 Main St., will host an opening reception for Maura Allen’s "Aperture: West" on Friday, Jan. 15, beginning at 6 p.m. "Aperture West" delves into the cinematic inspirations and speaks to the natural, rugged allure of the American West. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, visit http://www.gallerymar.com.
Park City Toastmasters Welcomes Darren LaCroix at Red Rock Brewery
Park City Toastmasters will welcome Darren LaCroix at Red Rock Junction Restaurant and Brew Pub, 1640 Redstone Center Dr. at Kimball Junction, on Friday, Jan. 15, at 6 p.m. The 2001 World Champion of Public Speaking and former stand-up comic, will give his keynote speech, "The Top 10 Speaking Mistakes." The event is open to the public. For more information, visit http://www.pctoastmasters.com.
Nature Walks and Snowshoe Tours at the Swaner Preserve
The Swaner EcoCenter, 1258 Center Dr. at Kimball Junction, offers nature walks and/or snowshoe tours on the Swaner Preserve every Saturday from 8:30 a.m. until 10 a.m. Cost is $5 per person, or free for members. Sign-ups are available through email at email@example.com or by calling 435-649-1767 . For more information, visit http://www.swanerecocenter.org .
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Local cowboy painter Don Weller will sign his memoir at Dolly’s Bookstore
- Yoga lovers will help Kenyan students through the Art of Connection
- Ziegfeld Theater gets its groove on with ‘Mamma Mia!’
- The Wallflowers’ Jakob Dylan still searching for the perfect song
- Vail Resorts chief in Park City: More work needed on housing, wages
- Resident raises concerns about safety of upcoming Jeremy roundabouts
- For the Record: Are multi-resort passes like the Epic and Ikon offerings good for skiing?
- Park City hotel teardown starts with brute force, power tools
- Park City, jammed, forced into temporary one-way Main Street traffic