Scene clips for Jan. 16
January 15, 2016
Sundance and Slamdance Film Festivals
The Sundance Film Festival will run from Jan. 21 to Jan. 31 in various venues in Park City. Individual tickets for local residents are on sale now, and individual tickets for the general public go on sale on Thursday, Jan. 21 at http://www.sundance.org . Slamdance will run from Jan. 22 to Jan. 28 at the Treasure Mountain Inn, 255 Main St. Tickets are on sale now at http://www.slamdance.com . For updates and information, visit http://www.parkrecord.com/filmfestival.
Sundance Film Festival Best of Fest Tickets
The Sundance Film Festival will distribute free Best of Fest tickets to Utah residents on Saturday, Jan. 16, at the festival’s main box offices in Park City and Salt Lake City from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Residents must present a valid Utah ID. Best of Fest screenings will be held Monday, Feb. 1. Titles will be announced after the awards ceremony on Saturday, Jan. 30. For more information, visit http://www.sundance.org .
Sundance Film Festival Townie Tuesday Tickets
The Sundance Film Festival will distribute free Townie Tuesday tickets to Park City and Summit County residents at the main Park City box office on Saturday, Jan. 16, from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Residents must present a valid ID. Townie Tuesday screenings will be Tuesday, Jan. 26. For more information, visit http://www.sundance.org.
Recommended Stories For You
An Evening with Dr. B.J. Miller
The Park City Institute will present an evening with Dr. B.J. Miller at the Eccles Center for the Performing Arts, 1750 Kearns Blvd., on Saturday, Jan. 16, at 7:30 p.m. The palliative care physician and director of San Francisco’s Zen Hospice Project proposes rethinking and redesigning how we die; creating a dignified system that allows life to play out as a "crescendo." Miller knows suffering on both a personal and professional level and he dedicates his career to a human-centered approach to end-of-life care. Tickets range from $25 to $75 and can be purchased by calling 435-655-3114 or by visiting http://www.ecclescenter.org.
Park City Library Closed
The Park City Library, 1255 Park Ave., will be close on Monday, Jan. 18, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. The library will reopen on Tuesday, Jan. 19. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitylibrary.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- For these Park City photographers, taking the shot is only half the story
- Park City’s 2018 Autumn Aloft creates wonder for viewers and pilots alike
- Mitch Davis’ ‘The Stray’ brings filmmaker’s family together
- Teresa Collins hosting Park City crafting event to “help create stories”
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- For the Record: Do you agree with the Park City Board of Education’s decision?