Scene clips for Jan. 20
January 19, 2016
Sundance Film Festival Begins
The Sundance Film Festival will run from Jan. 21 to Jan. 31 in various venues in Park City and Summit County. Individual tickets for the general public go on sale on Thursday, Jan. 21 at http://www.sundance.org .
Slamdance will run from Friday, Jan. 22, to Thursday, Jan. 28, at Treasure Mountain Inn, 255 Park Ave. Screenings and special events will be held every day. Tickets are on sale now at http://www.slamdance.com .
‘Illuminations of Africa’ at the Kimball Art Center
The Kimball Art Center, 1401 Kearns Blvd., will open Beverly Joubert’s "Illuminations of Africa" photo exhibit on Thursday, Jan. 21. Joubert’s work is a call to action. Big cats, rhinoceros, and elephants are in crisis, facing extinction after years of rampant poaching and habitat loss. As artists, conservationists, and National Geographic Explorers-in-Residence, Joubert and her husband, Dereck, have spent decades fighting for these beloved creatures. The exhibit will run through April 24. For more information visit http://www.kimballartcenter.org .
Recommended Stories For You
B.D. Howes at the Producers Lounge
The Producers Lounge, 1351 Kearns Blvd., will present Salt Lake City-based singer and songwriter B.D. Howes on Saturday, Jan. 23, at 3 p.m. For more information, visit http://www.producerslounge.biz.
Open Enrollment Insurance Appointments
The People’s Health Clinic, 650 Round Valley Dr. at Quinn’s Junction, will host open enrollment insurance appointments with representatives of Take Care Utah on Friday afternoons and Tuesday mornings. Appointments are necessary to ensure individualized attention. Each appointment will last approximately one hour. Call 435-333-1850 to schedule an appointment or visit http://www.peopleshealthclinic.org for more information.
Fox School of Wine
The Fox School of Wine, located at the Silver Baron Lodge, 2880 Deer Valley Dr., East, holds classes Saturdays from 6 p.m. until 7 p.m. The classes sample five wines chosen to reflect the topic of the weekend. All wines are available for under $30 and are available for purchase in Utah. Registration is $37 per person. Registration is available online by visiting http://www.foxschoolofwine.com .
Trending In: Entertainment
- What to do this weekend in Park City: Fall activities begin with Scarecrow Festival
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City Museum cemetery tours will bring town’s historical figures to life
- Scarecrow Festival ushers in the Halloween season
- The Wallflowers’ Jakob Dylan still searching for the perfect song
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Summit County inundated with complaints about Kilby Road construction (w/video)
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Guest editorial: Frustration about rising taxes in Park City is building
- Attendance at Park City Red Bull 400 climbs in 2018 (w/video)