Scene clips for Jan. 3-6, 2015
January 2, 2015
Park City Institute Presents Keb’ Mo’
The Park City Institute will present Grammy Award-winning blues musician Keb’ Mo’ at the Eccles Center for the Performing Arts, 1750 Kearns Blvd., on Saturday, Jan. 3, at 7:30 p.m. Tickets range from $20 to $69 and are available by visiting http://www.ecclescenter.org .
Carrie Fell’s ‘Under the Western Sky’ at the Thomas Anthony Gallery
The Thomas Anthony Gallery, 340 Main St., will host an artist opening reception for Carrie Fell’s "Under the Western Sky" on Saturday, Jan. 3, from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. Fell’s works examine what she calls "Cowboy Cool" through abstract shapes and color. For more information, visit http://www.thomasanthonygallery.com.
Park City Film Series: ‘Antarctica: A Year on Ice’
The Park City Film Series will screen Anthony Powell’s "Antarctica: A Year on Ice," rated PG, at the Prospector Theater, 2175 Sidewinder Dr., through Sunday, Jan 4. The Saturday screening will begin at 8 p.m. Sunday’s screening will begin at 6 p.m. Photographer Anthony Powell spent 10 years (and nine winters) capturing Antarctica, from the 24-hour darkness of winter to desolate polar vistas, including enormous unexplored mountain ranges, glaciers, auroras, ice storms, wildlife and the humans who are based there. The film also features time-lapse imagery, Powell’s speciality. Tickets are $8 for general admission and $7 for senior citizens and students. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.org .
Recommended Stories For You
American Contract Bridge League-Sanctioned Duplicate Bridge
Mountain Bridge Club holds weekly duplicate games sanctioned by the American Contract Bridge Leage each Tuesday at 12:30 p.m. at Temple Har Shalom, 3700 Brookside Ct. Th games are open to new and experienced duplicate players. The cost is $8. Singles who need a partner can email Mountain Bridge Club at email@example.com.
Park City Dance Club
The Park City Dance Club will resume its Wednesday sessions at Park City Dance Academy, 6558 Creekside Ln., on Jan. 7 from 8:15 p.m. until 9:15 p.m. The club is the Summit County arm of BallroomUtah in Salt Lake City. Beginners are welcome. January is waltz month. For more information, call 801-792-3082.
Trending In: Entertainment
- For these Park City photographers, taking the shot is only half the story
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City’s 2018 Autumn Aloft creates wonder for viewers and pilots alike
- Erika L. Sánchez, author of ‘I’m Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter,’ set for Park City appearance
- Teresa Collins hosting Park City crafting event to “help create stories”
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County