Scene clips for Jan. 8
January 7, 2014
Big Head Todd and the Monsters will perform a free concert at the FIS Freestyle Ski World Cup Opening Festival on Wednesday, Jan. 8, on Lower Main Street. Junior & the Transportation will open the night at 7 p.m. The music will cap with a fireworks show at about 10 p.m. For more information, visit http://www.deervalley.com .
Park City Dance Club
The Park City Dance Club will start up its new season on Wednesday, Jan. 8, at 8:15 p.m. at Park City Dance Academy of Performing Arts, 6554 N. Creekside Ln., at Kimball Junction. During January, the club will work on the Viennese Waltz. The cost for couples is $75 for a four-week session or $40 for singles. For more information, call (801) 792-3082.
‘Know Before You Go’; Avalanche Awareness Talk
Wasatch Mountain State Park, 1281 Warm Springs Road in Midway, will host "Know Before You Go," an avalanche awareness talk by the Utah Avalanche Center on Wednesday, Jan. 11, from 6:30 p.m. until 8 p.m. p.m. This multimedia will cover avalanche rescue, how avalanches work, reading avalanche terrain, obvious clues to instability, avalanche weather, safe travel practices and essential equipment. The event is free to the public.
Park City Film Series: ‘The Armstrong Lie’
Recommended Stories For You
The Park City Film Series will present Alex Gibney’s "The Armstrong Lie," rated R, at the Jim Santy Auditorium at the Park City Library and Education Center, 1255 Park Ave., from Friday, Jan. 3, through Sunday, Jan. 5. Friday and Saturday’s screenings will begin at 8 p.m. and Sunday’s will begin at 6 p.m. In 2009 Gibney was hired to make a documentary about Lance Armstrong’s comeback to cycling. The project was shelved when the bicyclist’s doping scandal erupted, but filming of this personal and international media drama continued after the confession "The Armstrong Lie" has been short-listed for an Academy Award nomination for Best Documentary. Tickets are $7 for general admission and $6 for students and senior citizens. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- What to do this weekend in Park City: Fall activities begin with Scarecrow Festival
- For these Park City photographers, taking the shot is only half the story
- Park City Museum cemetery tours will bring town’s historical figures to life
- Scarecrow Festival ushers in the Halloween season
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Summit County inundated with complaints about Kilby Road construction (w/video)
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Punctured gas line in Park City prompts evacuations
- Attendance at Park City Red Bull 400 climbs in 2018 (w/video)