Scene clips for Jan. 9
January 8, 2016
‘Invisible Thread’ at the Eccles Center
Matt Gould and Griffin Matthews, co-creators of Broadway’s award-winning new musical, "Invisible Thread" — formerly "Witness Uganda" — return to The Eccles Center on Saturday, Jan. 9. The production, which is part concert, part theater, part call to action, intertwines heart-thumping Afro-pop sounds and heart-wrenching stories. The performance starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets range from $25 to $75 and are available by calling 435-655-3114 or online at EcclesCenter.org.
Brevitas at St. Mary’s Catholic Church
Brevitas, a professional, Utah-based choir led by Matthew D. Nielsen, will present a free concert at St. Mary’s Catholic Church, 1505 White Pine Canyon Rd., on Saturday, Jan. 9, at 1 p.m. For more information, visit http://www.facebook.com/events/176780219332006 .
Art Talk with Chris Waddell
The Kimball Art Center, 1401 Kearns Blvd., will host a free art talk with Paralympic athlete and Park City resident Chris Waddell titled "Listen To Your Mother — How I Wrote a Children’s Book" on Tuesday, Jan. 12, from 6 p.m. until 7 p.m. Waddell is one of the greatest Paralympic athletes in history, winning thirteen medals over seven Winter and Summer Games in two sports. For more information, visit http://www.kimballartcenter.org/art-talk.
Recommended Stories For You
Kamas Chess Club
The Kamas Chess Club will meet on Wednesday, Jan. 13, and Wednesday Jan. 27, at the Summit County Library Kamas Branch, 110 N. Main St., from 3:30 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. Attendance is free and open to the public. To donate a chess set to the Kamas Chess Club or for more information, call 435-783-3190 or visit www1.youseemore.com/SummitCounty.
Newcomers of Greater Park City Coffee
Newcomers of Greater Park City will host its monthly coffee at Park City Community Church, 4501 N. S.R. 224, on Wednesday, Jan. 13, at 10 a.m.
The speakers will be Park City Mayor, Jack Thomas and Assistant City Manager Matt Dias, who will discuss Park City’s future challenges. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitynewcomers.org .
Trending In: Entertainment
- For these Park City photographers, taking the shot is only half the story
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City’s 2018 Autumn Aloft creates wonder for viewers and pilots alike
- Erika L. Sánchez, author of ‘I’m Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter,’ set for Park City appearance
- Mitch Davis’ ‘The Stray’ brings filmmaker’s family together
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork