Scene clips for July 16
July 15, 2014
The Swaner EcoCenter, 1258 Center Dr. at Kimball Junction, will host a Columbia spotted frog wetland pond walk on Wednesday, July 16, from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. Chris Crockett, aquatic biologist with Utah Division of Wildlife Resources will give attendees a tour of the project site and speak about native amphibian habitat. We will meet at the Swaner EcoCenter and then carpool over to the Preserve entrance. Space is limited. Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 435-649-1767.
Park City Beethoven Festival
The Park City Beethoven Festival will present a chamber concert at Park City Community Church, 4501 N. S.R. 224, on Thursday, July 17, at 8 p.m. The concert will feature the Dali String Quartet with clarinetist Russell Harlow and violist Leslie Harlow. Tickets are available at the door. The cost is $15 for students and senior citizens, $20 for general admission. For more information, visit http://www.beethovenfestivalparkcity.org .
Deer Valley Music Festival: Cannoneers of the Wasatch
The Utah Symphony’s Deer Valley Music Festival will continue on Friday, July 18, with Tchaikovsky’s "1812 Overture" and the Cannoneers of the Wasatch at the Snow Park Amphitheater at 7:30 p.m. Tickets range from $29 to $49 and are available by visiting http://www.deervalleymusicfestival.org .
Canyons Summer Concerts: Trigger Happy
Recommended Stories For You
Canyons Resort’s summer concert series will feature Trigger Happy on Saturday, July 19, at 6 p.m. The concert is free and open to the public. For more information, visit http://www.mountaintownmusic.org.
The Fox School of Wine
The Fox School of Wine holds classes every Saturday night from 6 p.m. until 7:15 p.m. at the Silver Baron Lodge at 2880 Deer Valley Dr., East, at lower Deer Valley. Classes cost $25 per person. Students must be 21 years old or older. Registration is required online or by phone. Cancellations must be made 48 hours before class time or full amount will be charged. Visit http://www.foxschoolofwine.com or call 435-655-WINE (9463) for more information or to register.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Shawn Colvin celebrates 30 years of ‘Steady On’ in Park City this weekend
- What to do this weekend in Park City: Shawn Colvin, Gallery stroll and Oscar-nominated Shorts
- Three oil painters featured at Montgomery-Lee at Last Friday Gallery Stroll
- Temple Har Shalom Scholar-in-Residence to discuss Islam and democracy
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Park City police told of mountain lions in neighborhoods
- January and February storms help boost Utah’s snowpack