Scene clips for July 19
July 18, 2014
The Swaner EcoCenter, 1258 Center Dr. at Kimball Junction, will host nature walks every Saturday from 10 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. During the tour, people will learn about wetland science, native plant and animal species and the history of the Swaner Preserve. These tours take place on the generally flat terrain of the Swaner wetlands and are appropriate to anyone that is relatively active. The cost is $5/person or free for members. For questions please call 435-649-1767.
Gleewood to Perform a Series of Concerts
Folk-rock trio Gleewood will play a series of concerts in Summit and Wasatch counties this week. It will perform a Tarahumara in Midway on July 19 and 25. The group will perform a fundraiser for Feed My Starving Children at Atticus Books, Tea and Coffee House, 738 Main Street, on July 23 at 7 p.m., and at the Notch Pub in Samak on July 26 at 8 p.m. For more information, visit http://www.gleewoodmusic.com . For more information about Feed My Starving Children, visit http://www.fmsc.org.
Kids’ Creative Movement Program at the Summit County Library
The Summit County Library, Kimball Junction Branch, 1885 W. Ute Blvd., will host a kids’ creative movement program on Tuesday, July 22, from 11 a.m. until noon. The program is open to all ages, including adults. Participants will jump, spin, dance and explode like a star to the music of Holst’s "The Planets." For more information, visit http://www.thesummitcountylibrary.org.
Park City Farmer’s Market
Recommended Stories For You
The Park City Farmer’s Market will run every Wednesday from noon until 6 p.m. throughout the summer until October at the Canyons Resort cabriolet parking lot. The market will feature local produce and meats, fresh breads, arts and crafts and live music. For more information, visit www. parkcityfarmersmarket.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Slamdance to honor Oscar winner Steven Soderbergh with 2019 Founders Award
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- What do to in Park City this weekend: holiday concerts, art shows and Bob Woodward
- Oak Ridge Boys to ‘Shine the Light on Christmas’ at the DeJoria Center
- Father and son of ‘Beautiful Boy’ to tell their story in Park City
- Park City awaits a Friday decision on fate of Olympic bid
- UPDATED: Park Record Building evacuated Thursday after bomb threat hoax
- Winter Olympics: Park City, Salt Lake City seen as 2026 contingency
- Park City police blotter: report received of ski collision from January
- Park City High School names Sterling Scholars