Scene clips for July 2
July 6, 2016
Deer Valley Music Festival
The Utah Symphony | Utah Opera's Deer Valley Music Festival will open its 13th season at Deer Valley's Snow Park Amphitheater with its "Patriotic Celebration" featuring Broadway vocalist Doug LaBrecque and conductor Jerry Steichen on Saturday, July 2, at 7:30 p.m. LaBrecque, a one-time Utah resident, has performed in "Showboat" and the Harold Prince production of "The Phantom of the Opera." He has also toured nationally with "Les Miserables."Tickets range from $35 to $92 and can be purchased by visiting http://www.deervalleymusicfestival.org.
Henefer Fourth of July Celebration
Henefer will celebrate the Fourth of July with a 7 a.m. 5K and 10K race and bike-a-thon. A flag-raising ceremony will start at 7:30 a.m. and the breakfast will begin at 8 a.m. The games, bounce house, climbing wall and mechanical bull will start up at 8:30 a.m. and there will be an Air Force flyover between 9 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Local entertainment and the 3 on 3 basketball games will start at 9 a.m. Bingo opens at 11:30 a.m. A Texas barbecue will begin at 6:30 p.m. and live music by FOG (Fat Old Guys) will start at 7:30 p.m. Fireworks will launch at dusk, around 9:30 p.m.
Oakley July Fourth Celebration and Concert
Oakley's July Fourth Celebration will continue on Monday, July 4. The festivities will start at 7 a.m. with a 5K race. The parade will begin at 10 a.m. on Main Street and that will be followed by a patriotic program and barbecue at 11:30 a.m. A junior rodeo and kids activities will start at the rodeo grounds at 1 p.m. and the PRCA Rodeo will begin at 8 p.m. Fireworks will follow.
Park City Fishing Club
Park City Fishing Club will meet at the Deer Valley Ponds on Tuesday, July 5, from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. The event is open to youths ages 5 to 12. No registration is required and equipment will be provided. The cost is $15. For more information, visit http://www.deervalley.com.
Grand Valley Bank Community Concert: Austin Wolfe Band
Mountain Town Music's Grand Valley Bank Community Concert Series will present Austin Wolfe Band, led by "American Idol" contestant Austin Wolfe, at Deer Valley's Snow Park Amphitheater on Wednesday, July 6, at 6 p.m. Admission is free. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitylivemusic.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- For these Park City photographers, taking the shot is only half the story
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City’s 2018 Autumn Aloft creates wonder for viewers and pilots alike
- Erika L. Sánchez, author of ‘I’m Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter,’ set for Park City appearance
- Mitch Davis’ ‘The Stray’ brings filmmaker’s family together
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork