Scene clips for July 4
July 3, 2015
Deer Valley Music Festival: Patriotic Pops
The Utah Symphony will kick off its Deer Valley Music Festival with a Patriotic Pops program, featuring husband and wife vocalists Gary Mauer and Elizabeth Southard at Deer Valley’s Snow Park Amphitheater on Friday, July 4, at 7:30 p.m. The performance will be conducted by Jerry Steichen. Tickets range from $10 to $88 and can be purchased by visiting http://www.deervalleymusicfestival.org.
Julie Nester Gallery Second Space Opening
The Julie Nester Gallery will celebrate a grand opening of its second location at 511 Main St., from Saturday to Monday, July 4 and 6. The gallery will present a group photography exhibit and a selection of paintings from Carol O’Malia’s "Going Nowhere." Hours will be from 11 a.m. until 7 p.m. For more information, visit http://www.JulieNesterGallery.com .
Park Silly Sunday Market
The Park Silly Sunday Market will open on Historic Main Street on Sunday, July 5, at 10 a.m. The annual, ecofriendly, family friendly, open-air market and street festival features unique and eclectic arts and crafts, music and performing arts, one-of-a-kind finds, delicious gourmet foods and locally grown fruits and vegetables. The Main Stage will feature Porch to Porch at 11 a.m., Magic with Elias at 1 p.m. and Changing Lanes Experience at 2:15 p.m. The Farmers Market Stage will spotlight Zang Parish at 10 a.m. and Kung Pao Patrick at 1 p.m. The Park Silly Sunday Market is open every Sunday through Sept. 20. Admission is free. For more information, visit http://www.parksillysundaymarket.com .
Recommended Stories For You
Chamber Music in the Park
The Park City Beethoven Festival will present a free concert in City Park on Monday, July 6, at 6:30 p.m. The music will be performed by violinists Manuel Ramos and Monte Belknap, violist Leslie Harlow, cellist Julie Bevan and clarinetist Russell Harlow. The concert is free and open to the public. For more information, visit http://www.mountaintownmusic.org .
Newcomers of Greater Park City Coffee
Newcomers of Greater Park City will host its annual coffee at Park City Community Church, 4501 N. S.R. 224, on Wednesday, July 8, at 10 a.m. The speaker will be Cidne Christensen, senior marketing manager of community engagement for the American Cancer Society. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitynewcomers.org .
Trending In: Entertainment
- Slamdance to honor Oscar winner Steven Soderbergh with 2019 Founders Award
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- What do to in Park City this weekend: holiday concerts, art shows and Bob Woodward
- Oak Ridge Boys to ‘Shine the Light on Christmas’ at the DeJoria Center
- Holiday Spectacular to showcase more of Park City’s talent at Egyptian Theatre
- Park City awaits a Friday decision on fate of Olympic bid
- UPDATED: Park Record Building evacuated Thursday after bomb threat hoax
- Winter Olympics: Park City, Salt Lake City seen as 2026 contingency
- Park City police blotter: report received of ski collision from January
- Park City High School names Sterling Scholars