Scene clips for June 18
June 17, 2014
The world music of Afro Omega will kick off the free Grand Valley Bank Community Concert Series at Deer Valley’s Snow Park Amphitheater on Wednesday, June 18, at 6 p.m. The concert is presented by Mountain Town Music. For more information, visit http://www.mountaintownmusic.org.
Anat Baniel Presentations and Workshops
Anat Baniel will present a free overview of her method and its benefits at the Prospector Conference Center, 2175 Sidewinder Dr., on Friday, June 20, from 6:30 p.m. until 8 p.m. Baniel will also host a workshop on Saturday, June 21, at the Prospector Conference Center from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. The cost for the workshop is $179. Lunch will be included. The cost for a second family member or caregiver is $140. Workshop participants can register online at the http://www.discoverNAC.org or by calling 435-649-3991 ext. 605 .
Summer Solstice Celebration Native Flute Concert and Healing Workshops
The Summer Solstice Celebration concerts and healing workshops will be held at Park City Community Church, 4501 S.R. 224 on Friday, June 20, and Saturday, June 21. The concert, which will be held Friday from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m., will feature award-winning Native American flute artists Suzanne Teng, Joe Young and Rona YellowRobe. The cost is $20 for adults, and $10 for children ages 12 and younger. The workshops, which will be held Saturday, from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m., will be presented by the three fluists and Medicine Woman Juanita Ramos-Corum. Registration is $40. Space is limited. To register, email summersolsticecelebrationpc.eventbrite.com .
Essential Yoga Workshop at Park City Yoga
Recommended Stories For You
Park City Yoga Studio, 1662 Bonanza Dr., will host an yoga essential oils workshop daily, through July 9, from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. The workshop will show how oils can help support detoxification, support focus and deep concentration and increase dilation of the airways and increase oxygen intake. The cost is $25. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityyogastudio.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Free ukulele lessons harmonize with Park City Library’s check-out program (w/ video)
- Free Park City Museum presentation digs into historic mining methods in the Park City District
- Park City Library seeks artists for future exhibits
- Iron Butterfly makes a weekend landing at the Egyptian Theatre
- Despite snow, Deer Valley and PCMR stick to early-April closing date
- Developer says ‘it’s time’ for a Snyderville Basin retail hub east of U.S. 40
- Park City housing plans: oh, the location, or ugh, the location? (w/ video)
- Deer Valley, City Hall suddenly thrust into parking dispute
- Vail Resorts chief, who reshaped industry, tapped for Park City speech