Scene clips for June 25
June 24, 2014
The Park City Farmer’s Market will run every Wednesday from noon until 6 p.m. throughout the summer until October at the Canyons Resort cabriolet parking lot. The market will feature local produce and meats, fresh breads, arts and crafts and live music. For more information, visit www. parkcityfarmersmarket.com.
Historic Barn Tour at Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter
The Swaner EcoCenter will host a historic barn tour of the Wallin Barn, located on the Swaner Preserve, Thursday, June 26, from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. Group size is limited so RSVPs are required. To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 435-649-1767.
Historic Main Street Walking Tour
The Park City Museum will offer Historic Main Street walking tours Mondays through Saturdays from 2 p.m. until 3 p.m. Weather-permitting, the tours leave the Park City Museum, 528 Main St. The cost is $5 per person. The tour lasts for about one hour. For more information, call 435-649-7457 or http://www.parkcityhistory.org .
Wild Lands: Thomas Cole and the Birth of American Landscape Painting
Recommended Stories For You
The Park City Museum will open its new exhibit, Wild Lands: Thomas Cole and the Birth of American Landscape Painting, on Saturday, June 28. Visitors will see the ways in which Cole, and other artists of his time, pioneered cultural conversations that shaped our national landscape—intellectually, physically and visually. For more information, call 435-649-7457 or visit http://www.parkcityhistory.org
Devoted to Children
Devoted to Children will host the second annual Hi Ute Hoedown for Haiti at the Hi Ute Ranch, 2379 Kilby Rd., on Saturday, June 28, from 6:30 p.m. until 11:30 p.m. The evening will feature live music by Elizabeth Hareza and Artie Hemphill & The Ironhorse Band, a mechanical bull and a silent auction. Funds raised during the event will benefit the children housed at Devoted to Children’s home in Jacmel, Haiti. Tickets are $60 and are available by visiting hiutehoedown.eventbrite.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Local cowboy painter Don Weller will sign his memoir at Dolly’s Bookstore
- What to do in Park City this weekend: Mamma Mia!, Birds of Chicago, Pink Park City
- Breast Cancer Support Group heads Haum for meditation session
- Birds of Chicago land in Park City to spread ‘Love in Wartime’
- Deer Valley, searching for parking, tapped garage in Main Street core
- For the Record: Are multi-resort passes like the Epic and Ikon offerings good for skiing?
- Police investigate man’s death near Park City Cemetery
- Park City, jammed, forced into temporary one-way Main Street traffic
- Heber resident’s garden sustains an endangered species: the ski bum