Scene Clips for June 4-7, 2014
June 3, 2014
Park City Farmer’s Market
The Park City Farmer’s Market will open at Canyons Resort on Wednesday, June 4, at noon. It will run every Wednesday from noon until 6 p.m. throughout the summer until October. The market will feature local produce and meats, fresh breads, arts and crafts and live music. For more information, visit www. parkcityfarmersmarket.com.
Artique First Friday Opening
Artique, 283 N. Main St. in Kamas, will present its First Friday Artist Opening on June 6, from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. The artist will be abstract artist Sharon Sams. For more information, visit http://www.facebook.com/artiqueartandgifts?ref=br_tf.
‘History Speaks’ Lecture: Historic Preservation in Park City
The Park City Museum, 528 Main St., will host Anya Grahn, historic preservation planner with Park City Municipal, for a History Speaks lecture titled "Historic Preservation in Park City" on Tuesday, June 10, from 5:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityhistory.org/events .
Recommended Stories For You
Kimball Art Center Art Talk: Christin Aucunas, photography historian
The Kimball Art Center, 638 Park Ave., will present an art talk, "Funny, Tragic, Ambiguous: The Life and Career of Elliott Erwitt," by photography historian Christin Aucunas on Tuesday, June 10. The program will run from 6 p.m. until 7 p.m. and is free and open to the public. The talk coincides with the Kimball Art Center’s exhibit "Dog Dogs" by Erwitt that is on display in the Main Gallery. For more information, visit http://www.kimballartcenter.org/art-talk.
Newcomers of Greater Park City Coffee
The Newcomers of Greater Park City will host its monthly coffee at Park City Community Church, 4501 N. S.R. 224, on Wednesday, June 11, from 10 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. This month’s speaker will be Susan Phillips from the nonprofit organization Arts-Kids. She will talk about how Arts-Kids reaches out to children who are trying to deal with economic, social or emotional pressures through the use of art and group dynamics. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitynewcomers.org .
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’
- Free lecture will give the Shoshone perspective of the Bear River Massacre
- Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jodi Kantor will speak about breaking the Harvey Weinstein story and the #metoo movement
- What to do in Park City this weekend: Rita Coolidge, Jodi Kantor and Steve Winter
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Record editorial: Take a breath before Sundance, World Championships collide