Scene clips for March 15
March 14, 2014
The Utah Film Center will present the Tumbleweeds Film Festival with Park City screenings on March 15 and 16. Saturday’s screening will be "Windstorm" at 3 p.m. Sunday’s screenings will include "Ernest and Celestine" at 11 a.m., "Knight Rusty" at 1 p.m. and "Zip and Zap and the Marble Gang" at 3 p.m. Tickets are $6 per screening and can be purchased by visiting http://www.utahfilmcenter.org or http://www.arttix.org.
St. Patrick’s Day Weekend Celebration at Canyons
Canyons Resort will celebrate St. Patrick’s Day from Saturday, March 15, through Monday, March 17. Saturday’s events will include live music, free s’mores and a balloon artist. Sunday’s events will feature snow activities and a magician. Monday’s activities will include an EpicMix photo session. For more information, visit http://www.canyonsresort.com/content/st-patricks-day-celebration.
Leadership Park City’s 20th Anniversary Community Forum
Leadership Park City will host a 20th Anniversary community forum on Monday, March 17, in the Jim Santy Auditorium at the Park City Library and Education Center, 1255 Park Ave., at 7 p.m. The topic will be Leadership in Action: Making Things Happen. A panel, featuring Darryl Jones, Jan Levy and Larry Nyland, will discuss ways to benefit community organizations — businesses and nonprofits. Bob Richer will moderate. The event is free and open to the public.
Summit County Air Panel at the Swaner EcoCenter
Recommended Stories For You
The Swaner EcoCenter, 1258 Center Dr. at Kimball Junction, will host a Summit County air panel discussion on Tuesday, March 18, from 7 p.m. until 8 p.m. This event, a partnership with Park City Municipal, will feature local panelists who will discuss health, environmentalism, politics and tourism. The panelists will include Cameron Cova from Breathe Utah, Park City Councilman Tim Henney, Kerry Kelly from the University of Utah’s department of chemical engineering and Dr Brian Moench, President of Utah Physicians for a Healthy Environment. The panel will be moderated by Larry Warren of KPCW. Admission is free. For more information, visit http://www.swanerecocenter.org/education-calendar/calendar/2014/03/18/summit-county-air-quality-panel.html
Dinner fundraiser at Park City Community Church
On Sunday, March 23 at 6 p.m, Park City Community Church is having a Mexican dinner to raise funds for its youth mission trip to Tecate, Mexico. The dinner is open to the public and ticket prices are $10 for children, $20 for adults and $40 for a family. Reservations can be made by e-mailing Bryan Messick at BryanM@parkcitychurch.org .
Trending In: Entertainment
- For these Park City photographers, taking the shot is only half the story
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City’s 2018 Autumn Aloft creates wonder for viewers and pilots alike
- Erika L. Sánchez, author of ‘I’m Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter,’ set for Park City appearance
- What to do this weekend in Park City: Fall activities begin with Scarecrow Festival
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Summit County inundated with complaints about Kilby Road construction (w/video)
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken